The North Remembers

They had been walking for days now. The small names less white dragon sat in Lucien's hand, head pressed into his side as it slept. His other hand was laced through Doreah's as they continued to walk through the endless sand and rock hills that made up the red waste. As they walked Dany hummed and attempted to get Drogon, her little red and black dragon to eat.
"What did your brother say about them?" Doreah questioned.
"He said they ate meat." She told her looking up at the little thing.
"He didn't tell you what kind of meat?" She asked her looking down at the small one in Lucien's hand.
"Our brother didn't know anything about dragons. He didn't know anything about anything. Now let's stop talking about him." Lucien said quietly to the two girls. The conversation ended and Dany put Drogon back in his cage. Lucien had tried to put his in one but he screeched and fought him. So now he has become an almost permanent fixture. Just as Dany sat the dragon down the horse Drogo had gotten her fussed loudly before falling to the ground. She quickly ran to it leaving Doreah and Lucien to finish closing the door. Lucien walked over to her resting his hand on the back of her head for comfort.
"She was Drogo's first gift to me." She said sadly.
"I remember." Jorah told her watching as she stroked her face.
"I promised to protect them. Promise them their enemies would die screaming. How do I make starvation scream?" She asked, angry at herself.
"A trick I never learned, I'm afraid." Jorah told her.
"Does it ever end?" She asked looking up at the path in front of them.
"This is farther east than I've ever been. But, yes, Khaleesi, everything ends, even the Red Waste." He told her looking around as well.
"And you're sure there's no other way?" She asked as Doreah joined them resting her head on Lucien's shoulder.
"If we go south to the land of the Lhazareen, the Lamb Men will kill us and take your dragons. If we go west to the Dothraki Sea, the first khalasar we meet will kill us and take your dragons." He said shaking his head.
"No one will take our dragons." She said firmly.
"They are too weak to fight, as are your people. You must be their strength." Jorah told her in an attempt to push her forward.
"As you are mine." She said looking up to Lucien who was looking down at her affectionately.
"Rakaro, Aggo, Kavarro. Take our remaining horses. You will ride east, you southeast, and you northeast." She commanded them.
"What do we seek, Khaleesi?" Kavarro questioned.
"Cities, living or dead. Caravans and people. Rivers or lakes or the great salt sea. Find how far the Red Waste extends before us, and what lies on the other side." She told them. They molded and turned to leave. Doreah looked hopefully up at Lucien who smiled back and kissed her on the head.
"Rakharo... You are my last hope, blood of my blood." Dany told him walking over with Lucien at her side.
"I will not fail you, blood of my blood." Rakharo said back a little worried.
"You never have." She smiled at him.
"This is bad time to start." He said smiling back. Lucien patted him on the shoulder and the young Dothraki mounted his horse riding off.
"They are going to find something." Lucien told his sister spotting the worry on her face. She started to breathe heavier looking up at the sky. Lucien followed her gaze and spotted the red comet flying overhead. He knew it either signified their doom or salvation. He could only pray it was the latter.

[Another short chapter and Lucien is long overdue for an update so I will be posting a few today. Thank you for reading!]