Chapter 5: The Hate you Give

*The picture above is the best description of how I've been for some days now*

UNEDITED

"I heard what happened to my son today"

"Uhm sir please don't be mad, that is the boy who did it and I'll make sure he gets punished". Mr Barry said pointing at John.

"Hey son what's your name" Mr Harry asked John while scrutinizing him.

"Sir, my name is John, John Steve" he answered with his head low to the ground. The answer caught Mr Harry off guard and he gasped a little bit but then tries not to show his shock and plays it cool. So he decides to ask one more question to confirm his doubts.

"Hhmm, so Johnny where does your da-" he was in the middle of his questioning when John cut him short.

" My dad died some weeks ago due to an unknown cause but with time we'll get to know the cause"

I think he's the one I think he's Steve's son.

"Uhm I'm sorry about that" he replies and he immediately begins to sweat.

" Alright then Mr Barry I'll take my leave now" Mr Harry says as he loosens his tie.
         The door opens and Mr Harry left with so much shock and at the same time fuming. "John you are going to serve your punishment for three straight months!" Mr Barry yells. "Okay sir" John murmurs.

"I have get this boy out of the way before he becomes a problem for us". Mr Harry thinks as he drives.

"Hello, can we meet at the store, it's urgent."
"Uhm why do you sound so serious and  angry"
"Just meet me there I'll tell u everything".

After a thirty minutes drive he stops at an old grocery store at the out skirts of town. He goes into the store and meets a man dressed in all black and his face covered with a mask.

"What's wrong sir?"the man says as he moves closer to Mr Harry
"Your job is not yet done" Mr Harry says.
"How sir?"
"There's still a piece of our last victim roaming in the streets"
"What do you mean" the man now says now raising his voice
"Steve has a son" Mr Harry answers him and faces the window.
"Just text me his picture"
"Okay then"
"But this will cause extra charges"
"Don't worry about the money, just get the job done."And with that Mr Harry walks to his car and zooms off.

****
         John continues with his detention and and additional one week of cleaning the hallways after a meeting with the school management. Today is his last day of punishment and he walks into the school with the same look since the fight.

"Come on man you've been looking so worn out and dull for the past two weeks now, at least be lively today since the stuff will soon be over." Hakeem complained as both walk in the hallway in the direction of their class.

"Just forget it man the only reason I got into this mess was me trying to be nice and considerate with people." John blurts out with out any form of emotion.

"Well maybe she can cheer you up" Hakeem says pointing to their front as Maya walks towards them.

"Urrghh please she's been trying for the whole week today's not anything different." John grins as he looks up to her.

John and Maya have been getting along lately, she even waits for him until he finishes his detention and they both walk home together. John has been avoiding people since "the incident" and doesn't show any emotion on what is going on around him and he is preparing to withdraw from the investigation on his father's death. Maya has been trying to advice him not to and also to cheer him up but still no progress. Today being Friday is his last day of detention.