14

LISTENING TO THE RAIN

━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  The night's event was a highlight of Heeseung's moment to cherish - it kept replaying in his mind, and he smiled like an idiot at how amazing that felt - the music, his skating shoes, the way he danced like there was no tomorrow—he felt drunk and dazed at the sensation of it all. When they reached the hotel room, it was all he could think about, even when he was alone on the patio, he would stare at the evening, and the scene replayed all over again and again.

"Still stuck at the moment?" Sunghoon asked, he knew this familiar feeling all too well - and he knew that Heeseung needed more time to grasp everything that has happened. Sunghoon pushed his wheelchair right beside him, handing over the soda can. The night was quiet. Jake and Jay had fallen asleep, but here they were alone at this hour on the patio as the sky witnessed their light conversation.

"Still am - Gosh did you see me with that grand finale?" he asked, taking a sip of his soda can. Sunghoon nodded and prodded him to sit down right beside him, and Heeseung did so. "Although I saw that you almost lost your balance back there too..." said Sunghoon - but he did see it, and that was one thing that they needed to improve.

"Well, just a little, tiny percent? I guess," said Heeseung, pinching both his thumb and index finger together." He elicits a light chuckle. "But I did it - you think I can do it three times in a row? "

"Hey, ice skating doesn't need a lot of jumps, you know? True that you have to push off what's possible, but it's how you express yourself, and I don't want you doing a quad three times in a row, I don't want you hurting yourself."

"So you do care," Heeseung plastered a smirk, giving his coach the side-eye, Sunghoon just rolled his eyes at him while he sipped his soda. "Just saying."

Heeseung just shrugged it out of defeat and sighed. He glanced at Sunghoon once again, his hues focused on his tight jaw, his eyes that matched the evening sky, his hair soft and full of volume, just like his first reaction the first time he met him he was majestic, truly.

"Coach, I meant to ask - and you don't have to reply if you feel uncomfortable."

Sunghoon's heart pounded. What was he going to ask? Why did he keep it a secret? Why did he lie to him? What? He has prepared for this moment to come, but it never occurred to him that it was too soon - he braced himself for the question that was about to come.

"You know my story - I think you pretty much know about my being, would you tell me yours?"

Phew, he thought it was about him hiding his identity, he just wanted to know - his story, his story. . . Sunghoon chuckled, avoiding his mocha hues. "I don't know if I have anything to say..." ."