↝One↜

"Ah! Kim, how are you?" A plump man, red in the face, held his hand out to Namjoon.

Namjoon took his hand from his petite husband's waist and shook the hand extended to him. They quickly fell into conversation, Jimin going unnoticed by the wine-brained man. His eyes, gently enhanced in beauty by a cinnamon shade mixed with orange, scanned the ballroom. His gloved hands smoothed down his dress and straightened out his necklace.

He didn't care for banquets. He only went because his husband did and he loved his husband. He tried to find the one face he knew quite well at these sorts of events but he found the task to be more difficult than tearing away the hands of drunkards. Once his eyes finally found a head full of curly brown hair, he turned to his husband.

"Joon, I'll be going."

Namjoon turned from the round man in front of him and turned to his spouse.

"Be back before they announce the awards."

Jimin nodded and walked off with a slight jog. He picked up his dress and slid through the crowd until he reached his friend who was sitting at a table drinking wine with a mint-haired man.

"Tae!" Jimin smiled.

Taehyung turned around and grinned brightly. Once Jimin got to him, Taehyung gripped his arm, smiled as widely as possible, and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Min," Taehyung laughed, "I'm literally losing my mind right now because I just found out my boyfriend is cheating on me and I think I might start crying."

Jimin frowned. "Oh, what the hell? How did you even find out?"

"This man here, Min Yoongi, saw him at a club kissing and grinding against someone. What makes it worse is I already had my suspicions because I found some panties on the floor that weren't fucking mine."

Jimin wrapped his arms tightly around Taehyung and rubbed his back as the brunette's body shook with sobs he refused to let leave his mouth.

"I'll leave you two alone then," Min Yoongi bowed his head and left.

Jimin pulled away from Taehyung and grabbed his hand. "Come. Let's find somewhere to be alone."

"Don't you have to be with your husband before they start distributing awards? You're always beside him when he wins and you're always there for him to make his 'I owe it all to my husband and father-in-law' speech."

Jimin shook his head. "He'll just have to understand."

Jimin shook Taehyung's gloved hand and pulled him behind him to one of the powder rooms. Their heels clicked loudly and frantically as they rushed into one. Jimin sat Taehyung down and then went to close and lock the door. He sat down beside his friend and rushed to grab some tissues, preparing for the worst makeup ruin he'd ever seen.

Lipstick, mascara, and eyeshadow managed to go to places on Taehyung's face where they weren't designed to. Taehyung heaved and wailed as Jimin held him and wiped his face to avoid ruining the expensive silk dress he was wearing. Jimin couldn't care less about his own.

They sat there for about half an hour before Taehyung sat up and his sobs stopped. Jimin cleaned his face and then rubbed his arms.

"So, how are we doing this? Ruin his reputation? Blackmail? Ooh! Maybe we should walk him like a dog and then drop him high and dry!"

Taehyung shook his head.

"I just wanna leave."

"Leave? Kim Taehyung, you better not be insinuating what I think you are. Especially not over such a slob like him!"