Chapter 6

Fears they try to rattle who i am within, where do I begin?
It's one of those days, my world is crashing.
Everything looks on fire.
It's one of those nights I'm dreaming but I'm walking on a wire.
All these thoughts I battle creeping up my skin,
burning from within like fire.

When Brazen comes to his senses, he realises that he's lying on a warm yet tough pillow and opens his eyes. He is greeted by the sight of one of the other men underneath him. He tries to move but his whole body screams in protest, a small grunt leaves his mouth and the pain quickly turns to slight pleasure.

Right... the masochistic side of me enjoys pain. I'm just pissed about how I was given said pain.

He pulls Heidi's arms from his torso and gets up as he notices that Jaxon and Lucifer have their arms around each other as they watch him stretch. Brazen just sighs and notices that a pile of clothes were left outside the bars, a note with his name on it. He picks the note up, two pairs of underwear, two pars of socks, two pairs of the bright orange cargo pants and two white tank tops. He glares in the two mens' direction as he strips and pulls on a new set of clothes, folding up the old pair and leaving them with the clothes he was changed out of yesterday. He remembers not feeling the pain at first, being so out of it that he is only faintly aware of what happened. How he beat them for that they did, how the people called after him, how Jax and Leon cared for him, how Heidi held him and comforted him. He wants the group of abusers to pay with more than just a few broken bones and a bit of blood, he wants to hear them scream and writhe in agony.

Soon.

Brazen watches as one by one, the cellmates of his wake up. All that's left was the two childish teens. The man, Jax, steps forwards, "Right, introductions. The tallest and most muscly is Lucifer King. Then next is Heidi King. Then you know me, Jaxon Bates. Then that's Leon Carter and the other boy is Archie Martinez. You are?" Brazen tilts his head, as if he's sizing them all up.
"I'm Brazen. Brazen... Rowley." He pauses before saying his last name, knowing his uncle-in-law married the warden of Ashgate, and because he wanted to add dramatic affect. They seem shocked but nod and Lucifer goes to wake up the still sleeping teens. Leon wakes up in little space and refuses to let go of Lucifer after he latched onto him. Archie was also in little space. Seeing the aftermath of what happened to Brazen reminded them of trauma and pushed them. Heidi goes to grab Archie but is stopped when he says no. "I wan' Bwazen!" (I want Brazen) Brazen looks shocked at the little who looks at him with wide, hopeful eyes. He only met one little before, he wasn't sure what to do and he took one look at Lucifer and realised that they're just like children. He smiled gently at the little, "You sure, little one?" Archie's eyes light up like a Christmas tree and he frantically nods his head and giggles. Despite being sore and his muscles protesting - he fights back the pain - Brazen decides to pick him up and places him on his hip as the little starts to play with his hair, making little cooing noises while doing so. Brazen turned to the others who watched how gentle he was with Archie, he slowly but surely gains their respect in those moments.

"Come on, it's time for breakfast." As they follow Lucifer, it's like they have a battle formation. Leon is handed over to Brazen so he has both littles in his arms and Heidi gets into position. Lucifer at the front, clearing a path, Heidi and Brazen in the middle with the littles in his arms and Jaxon walks at the back to guard them. The inmates watch in curiosity as they notice that Brazen is close with Archie and Leon, they begin to wonder...
One inmate has to announce their presence, "Royals!!"
The way to the canteen was fine after that as everyone stayed clear of them, Brazen noticed that inmates seem to almost bow in their direction. One with a buzz cut and unnatural yellow eyes makes eye contact with him and winks before glancing at Archie.