Dudley is a Horrible Cousin

After lightning flashes, a 10-year-old Harry Potter and Emmeline Potter are shown sleeping. "Up. Get up.", a woman says. She knocks on the door repeatedly. "Now!" She then walks to the kitchen.

    "Who is that woman, Emmeline?" "That's Aunt Petunia, Rhys. Why are you asking?" "No reason." "Bullshit." Rhys just gave me a chuckle that I knew all too well means he is up to something and pray for the unfortunate soul who is on the receiving end of his plan.

    Harry wakes up and puts his glasses on that had tape on the bridge, clearly showing the glasses were partly damaged. He turned to his sleeping sister and gently nudged her on the shoulder, trying to wake her up. "Lily, you have to wake up." "But I don't want to," the on-screen Emmeline answered groggily. "I know Lils, but you have to, okay?" "Okay James." Emmeline starts to wake up and turns the only light in the room on.

    "You do realize you are both 11 years old there and need your own separate rooms, right?" "Malfoy, even if that is what Harry and I needed, do you really think that this particular muggle family would be ever so generous to us for that?" "When you say it like that, no." "There's your answer. Despite what many people at Hogwarts from our time thought Malfoy, Harry and I didn't have anything handed to us. We had to work for everything we got, which wasn't much if you can't already tell." That's when I realized Malfoy was sitting with Lucien and Eris on the sofa that was next to the bat boys on the right side, so they were behind my father and his friends.

    A large tubby boy, Dudley Dursley, suddenly starts running down the stairs. He stops halfway and jumps on the staircase.

    "Wake up Potters! We're going to the zoo!"

    Emmeline and Harry look up to their ceiling while dust started to fall thanks to the boy. Dudley laughs and runs to the kitchen. Emmeline tries to get out of the closet but is roughly shoved back in thanks to Dudley.

    "Hey!", multiple voices screamed out, the loudest being Rhys, Cassian, Lily, and the marauders.

    Luckily for Emmeline, Harry caught her before she could have gotten more hurt. "Thanks, James." "Your welcome, Lily."

    "Aww, you're so nice to each other." "Thanks, Gin." "Your welcome, Em." That made me blush a little, not out of embarrassment, but because I know I am damn lucky to have a brother like Harry. Yes, he's got a big hero and guilt complex, but overall, he is the best twin brother I could ask for.

    "Oh, here he comes, the birthday boy," Petunia says.

    A man that resembles a walrus is shown, and that man is Petunia's husband, Vernon Dursley. "Happy birthday, son."

    Emmeline and Harry walk into the kitchen wearing clothes that are 3 sizes too big for Harry and that look like they swallow Emmeline whole because they're so big.

    "What are you wearing, Emmeline? Harry?" I decided to answer that question because I know Harry hates it when he has to talk about the Dursleys. "They are Dudley's old clothes." "WHAT!!" "It's okay, Dad, it's not a big deal. Harry and I dealt with it." "But you shouldn't have had to! You were kids! That's it! Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, we're going to spoil my kids." I silently chuckled and shook my head.

    "Why don't you both just cook breakfast and try not to burn anything." "Yes Aunt Petunia," the twins said.

    "You are not a house-elf!", many of the purebloods cried indignantly. I was quite surprised that even Bellatrix and Barty stood up for me and my brother. "Mom?", I asked gently. She was sitting on a cushion that was in front of Dad. She was looking straight ahead with tears in her eyes. I got out of Harry's lap and went toward my mom. "Mom?", I asked again. I slowly knelt down in front of her, not wanting to scare her. Catching me off guard, Mom wrapped her arms around me and started to cry even more. I didn't know what to do. I'm not that good at comforting people. "My sister is treating you and your brother so horribly. I failed to protect both of you. I failed as a mother." I had to stop her mini pity party.

    "Stop," I told her firmly. "You have no control over the actions of your sister, her horrible husband and devil spawn of a son. You did not fail to protect me and Harry. Know why? Because Harry and I made it this far and we did not die as infants. You and Dad did not fail to protect us. You protected us with everything you had. I don't want to ever hear you say another degrading thing about how horrible of a mother you are while we continue to watch the movies. Am I clear?"

    She gives me a small, bitter laugh. "I can see why you're my daughter, and we look so alike. The only difference is your eyes." "Yeah, I know," I said with a smile. "They're Dad's eyes. Harry almost looks exactly like Dad. The only difference is he got your eyes." "I love you, Emmiline." "I love you too, Mom." I got up from the floor and made my way back to my spot. "Aren't we going to continue the movie?" That got the movie to start playing again and people avert their attention. "Nosey pricks." "Language, Lily." "Yes, Cap."

    "Hurry up! Bring my coffee, girl." "Yes, Uncle Vernon." Emmelinespat into his cup and brought it over to Vernon. Harry watched the whole thing unfold with wide eyes as he was placing bacon onto plates. Emmeline walked over to Harry and winked at him.

    "That's my daughter!" "Thanks, Dad." "Go, Emmeline!" "Thanks, Cas." 

    Petunia leads Dudley to the family room, and the dining table was covered in an array of presents. Dudley stares.

    "How many are there?" "36, counted them myself," Vernon stated proudly. "36?! But last year I had 37!"

    "You put up with that?", Regulus asked. "And everyone wonders why I am so done with everyone's shit.", was my quick reply. That earned chuckles throughout the room. "Can't say I blame you, darling." "Thanks, Uncle Reg." "Uncle?" "Yeah, you're my uncle, aren't you?" "Damn straight I am."

    "Girl," "Yes, Amren?" "I am impressed you did not stab him. I certainly would have." "Never said I didn't think about it." That earned more chuckles throughout the room.

    "Well, some are much bigger than last year," Vernon said. "I don't care how big they are!", Dudley screamed. "Now, now, here's what we'll do. While we're out today, we'll buy you 2 more presents. How's that popkin?" Petunia asked, trying to placate Dudley before he threw even more of a tantrum.

    "So then I'll have..." "38, dumbass." On-screen Emmeline said. "Mummy! She called me a dumbass." "That's because you are." Harry is seen shaking his head in the background trying to get his sister to stop before she gets into too much trouble.

    "Brilliant! She's my daughter, I tell you!" "Our daughter, James." "Right, right, our daughter. Our daughter." I giggled quietly, watching my parents. Harry was laughing too. I could feel his body shaking, trying to contain the laughter.

    "Watch that filthy mouth of yours, girl. No one wants a girl who can't keep their mouth shut." Vernon spat out. Emmeline was seen struggling to not say another sharp remark like that could get her in more trouble or worse, drag her brother into it as well.

    As Dudley starts to unwrap presents, Petunia checks the mail and is disappointed to know that no one can take the twins for the day.

    "Vernon, no one can take them. Mrs. Figgs broke her leg and Yvonne hates the kids." Petunia said. "You could just leave us here," Harry said. "And come back to find the house in ruins?" Vernon asked. Dudley started to tear up, "But... I... I don't want them to come. They always ruin everything!"

    "What if Mummy buys you three new presents? Hmm? Would that make things better for my Duddykins?" "Three?" "Three." As Dudley is being coddled and cuddled by Petunia, he shoots the twins a nasty grin through the gap in her arms.

    "Prick," Emmeline whispered. "Language," Harry scolded her. "Yes, Captain America," Emmeline said cheekily.

Word Count: 1406