01.

So'ria Ashanti Kozart
Houston, Texas

Waking up to my alarm I turned over turning it off seeing it was 6:30 am. I sat there for a minute staring at the ceiling before getting up to get ready for the first day of my senior year of school. I was so happy to almost be done with high school. I was ready to gooo.

I got out of bed going to my bathroom that was connected to my room. I took a shower and got out doing my normal hygiene routine. After that I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading to my closet. I put on a simple white crop top, my green bape jacket, some black ripped stacked jeans, and my green and white dunks. I applied some perfume and put on some silver jewelry.

After getting ready I went downstairs to find something to eat. I walked in the kitchen seeing my dad making breakfast.

"Morning rai breakfast almost ready" he said giving me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning daddy, where's Sincere ?". Sincere was my older brother and is 4 years older than me.

"He's probably still in his room sleep" my dad said as he finished making breakfast. I went upstairs and knocked on Sincere's room door.

"Yeah !" I heard him yell. I opened the door to see him laying down on his phone.

"Morning Sin wyd ?" I asked as I say next to him on his bed.

"I just work up what's up ?" He asked going into his connected bathroom and closing the door.

"Just seeing what you were doing. Dad cooked breakfast I'm about to go eat before I got to school" I said loud enough for him to hear me on the other side.

He opened the door once he was done with his toothbrush in his hand. "Alright I'll be down once I'm done" he said turning back into the bathroom.

"Okay" I walked back downstairs making my plate and sitting next to my dad at the dining table.

"Are you excited to start senior year at a new school rai ?" He asked looking at me as he ate.

"I mean it's just another year but yeah because I'm ready to leave and a little nervous to be around new faces". I said as I took a bite of my food as Sincere walked to the kitchen.

"I think you'll be just fine". He said nodding his head.

"Wassup pops" Sin said once he sat at the table.

"Morning son. What's your plans for today ?"

"I gotta go sign off the papers on the house before I go to work. Then I'm about a week y'all can come and check the place out. I even got you your own room rai" he said as he began eating. My bother has been looking at houses for a few months now and finally found one not too far away from here. He started working as a mail carrier for the post office almost a year ago. I was going to miss going across the hall to bother him but luckily I could just drive to visit him.

I smirked because I knew he was going to have a room designated for me. Sincere and I was always close since I was born. He always made sure I was okay and was overprotective of me but in a good way. He never over did it like some overprotective brothers but he made sure that no one messed with me and that I was safe. I could come to him for any and everything knowing he'd have my best interest in his advice.

My parents were both loving towards both of their kids. They never favored one over the other. They always made sure we both had what we needed and wanted. We were probably what you'd call a perfect family perhaps. My mom and dad had genuine love for each other so my standards were pretty high for what I wanted my relationship to be like. Even though I never actually experienced it yet.

My mom passed 3 years ago which led for us to move to Houston from California. I guess my dad just couldn't stay there since my mom was gone. It was hard on everyone but we were all there for each other supporting one another. I just worry about them sometimes especially my dad.

"Ouuu can I help decorate ?" I asked happily causing them to laugh.

"We already got everything picked out. I had the realtor help me find a home decorator because I can't do that shit myself but I think you'll like it". We laughed and I checked the time seeing that it was time for me to go.

"Can't wait to see it but it's time for me to go I'll see you guys later I love y'all" I said throwing away my trash then grabbing my bookbag and phone giving the both a hug and kiss on the check before heading to the door.

"I Love you too !" They both said before I left. I headed to my car getting in. I had a 2018 Mercedes-Benz that was all black with led lights on the inside. I pulled out of the driveway heading towards my school while constant bullshit by summer walker played through the speakers.

🎵Those things you did or didn't recognize
How much they hurt me
Only I blamed it (I wanna apologize)
Was I being too difficult
For complaining for the pain
I was dealing with
For catching you in different lies
But you would deny, cold face-ed yeah
But you find a way to make it back
But as much as I refuse🎵

"My heart is still asking do you ? Do you mean it when you say my name 'cause lately all this bullshit ain't making me feel what you say". I sung as I pulled up to school parking. I grabbed my bookbag and put in my airpods before getting out and heading inside.

Walking inside I saw everyone walking around or sitting with their friends talking and laughing but once they started to notice me they looked and whispered. Some look confused or surprised while others looked excited or interested. I always stayed to myself with the little friends that I did have. But I didn't really wanna make any new friends. 

The school was pretty big but the hall ways and classes were pretty much self explanatory so I didn't have a hard time finding my first class which was English 4. Making my way to the back of the class I found a seat in the back corner as everyone started to pile inside of the class finding themselves a seat. The bell rang and the teacher got up to start the class.

"Good morning everyone. I'm you English 4 teacher Ms.Williams and welcome. Let's get started shall we ?" She said looking around at everyone with a smile.

It fells like its was going to be a long day.

———————————————————————————————

Okay so this is the first book that I will be publishing because why not. I don't really know what to write about but I have a few ideas. Some things that you'll read about will be the typical stuff you find in other books however other scenarios won't.

How are you guys liking it so far ?

Any comments or concerns ?

Thank you for checking out my book and I hope you enjoy it 💗.