03

So'rai Ashanti Kozart
Houston, Texas

~Two weeks later~

I was in my bed watching How to Get Away with Murder when my phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID seeing it was a Group FaceTime call from Kay and Mani. I answered sitting up propping the phone on a pillow.

We've gotten a little closer and have been talking more ever since they got my number two weeks ago.

"Hey Rai what you doing ?" Kay asked as I heard movement.

"Hey guys. Nothing watching Netflix what's up ?"

"We're going to think kickback tonight at 9:00 and we wanted to know if you wanted to come with us" Mani said typing on her phone.

"Umm I don't know. Who all going with y'all ?"

"Just the usual three retards" Mani said making me and Kay bust out laughing.

"Sure y'all want me to pick y'all up or meet y'all there ?"

"Ouu pick me up please I don't wanna drive if I don't have to" said Kay.

"That part shit" Mani said laughing.

"Alright" I replied laughing too. I checked the time seeing that it was 7:30. "Well I'm about to start getting ready now so I'll text y'all for y'all address when I'm on the way".

"Alright" they replied hanging up.

I turned the tv off then got up grabbing a pair of PINK underwear and sports bra with me. I jumped in the shower singing my heart out to Broken-hearted by Brandy. I finished and then did my hygiene routine and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I walked to my closet looking for an outfit. I decided to put on some some ripped black jean shorts, a cut up graphic T-shirt that had red and black in it, and my red Rick Owen shoes. I put on some silver jewelry and applied some lipgloss.

I checked the time seeing it was now 8:13. So I text the group chat for their address grabbing my phone and purse and walking downstairs.

"Where you going ?" My dad asked sitting on the couch watching tv and eating nachos.

"A party with Kayla and Imani"

"Okay I love you be safe and let me know when you get there" he said going back to watching tv.

"Okay and I love you too". I walked out starting my car putting in the address to Kayla's house since Imani got dropped off over there.

"Body for body tell them niggas let's go body for body. Body for body. If they take one of us we take three then that's how we get even" I sung lowly.

Ten minutes later I pulled up to Kayla's house and called her.

"I'm outside Kay" I said looking at her apply lashes. "Okay we're coming out now". I said okay then hung up.

"Hey girly"

"Hey Rai" They said once they got in the car.