**✿❀ Chapter Three ❀✿**

2 Years Later
__________

Mom and I were walking towards my demise, both smiling as we did so.

"That song you sang. That was for Ray, wasn't it?" Mom asked without even looking at me, but before I could answer, she continued.

"You knew all along, didn't you? And yet you smile, knowing that these are your last moments. Why?" When mom looked a me, the smile was completely wiped off her face, and was replaced with a frown.

"Because I had a good life." Mom's eyes widened as she suddenly stopped walking causing me to stop as well.

"I know why you're doing this, mom. You wanted to give us a happy life until the end, and you did it." I finally looked at her and smiled.

'Huh?'

As I watched moms reaction, I could tell she was trying not to cry.

'This is.. The first time I've seen her sad...'

Suddenly, mom bent down at my level and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you..." I heard mom whisper in my ear. Soon enough, she pulled away, but her hands rested on my shoulders.

"Y/n, since you know the truth... I have a proposal for you." My eyes widened at moms words, but I stayed silent so that she could continue.

"A while back, I got some information from headquarters, asking me to give them a child I saw fit." Mom pulled away as began to walk, and I followed.

"The child has to be intelligent, attractive, agile, and healthy. To be honest, I don't know why they want a child, but from my understanding, it's a chance at a longer life. I would like to recommend you, if you're up for it."

I immediately stopped, trying to process mom's words.

I had already accepted that I would die today, but now...

'Ray...'

"Why are you offering me this?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.
The look on mom's face shocked me. She was smiling.

And it was genuine.

"To thank you... You made my son so happy. And perhaps... I'd like to give the song you sang some truth." Mom smiled. She was referring to me singing that we'll see each other again.

"Will you accept the offer, Y/n?"

__________

"Please... Just kill me already..." I was barely even able to get that sentence out before another stabbing pain ran through my arm. My body pulled at the leather restraints as my body tried to move away from the cold metal table. I had leather straps holding me to the table around my neck, torso, arms and legs. I had been here for 6 months, and the experiments only got worse.

"It seems that her body has adapted well to the steroids and amplifiers. How much did you say she could carry again?"

"So far, 300 lbs. We're hoping that after the demon blood has entered her blood stream, that will shoot to 450 lbs at least."