Part 4

"Tedros and Lancelot are riding out to meet the Lion." Agatha explains as the Igraine comes to land in Nottingham. "But Scims were spotted here last night, so..."

"So you think the Snake plans to attack them, yes, Agatha, we know." Sophie interrupts. "You've told us about a hundred times already." she rolls her eyes.

"I was going to say that whilst me and Sophie try and find Tedros before the Snake does, the rest of you should look out for scims and cast your glow into the sky as a signal." she shoots a glare at Sophie, before turning back to the rest of the questers. "Don't try and fight them on your own."

The questers disperse, and you tag along with the Coven towards the centre of town. You pass a battered billboard which reads 'Welcome to Nottingham, Land of Law and Order.' No one seems to be around, and you wonder if the snake is already here, reeking havoc on a perfectly civilised town just for his own gain. You shudder thinking what the Snake has planned for Tedros, and the Lion.

"Daddy will know where the scims are." Dot declares loudly. "I can't wait for you to meet him." she says with a smile.

"Since when are you so chipper about 'Daddy'?" Anadil asks. "From the way you talk about him, calling you a failure and stuff, I didn't think you'd be too fond of him."

"Well he appreciates me more now." she says cryptically. Noticing Hester's face as she gazes around the town, Dot smiles awkwardly. "Sorry this isn't Ravenswood or Bloodbrook, with bird-bone temples and man-wolf raves." she turns to you. "Or a perfect Ever kingdom like Foxwood."

"I like it here." you say. "It's quiet."

"Too quiet. I would have thought that for a town obsessed with catching Robin Hood there'd be more of a police force around here." Hester says, her voice laced with suspicion.

"There normally is." Dot replies. "It's all Robin's fault actually..." she begins, but suddenly a scim flies over your head and you duck to make sure its razor sharp blade doesn't catch your skin.

In a flash, the four of you sprint after it. Screw whatever Agatha said about sending a signal, you think; if you don't go now you're going to lose it.

You keep running, following the scim down alleys and deserted streets, Hester and Anadil finally casting their glows into the sky to alert the others. Dot begins looking in mailboxes, and you look at her sceptically, until a scim flies out of one of them.

You keep running, but immediately come to a halt when you realise you're missing one person. "Wait!" you yell to Hester and Anadil, who look around in confusion. "Where's Dot?"

______________

You are first into the house with Anadil and Hester just behind you. Immediately, a scim's deadly sharp point directs itself at you, and you flatten yourself against one of the walls. The scim doesn't move, but is still pointed directly at your eyes.

You breathe out slowly, scared of making any sudden movements that would cause the scim to reach its target. You allow yourself to look around the room - the rest of the crew of the Igraine are there, all flattened against the wall with defeated looks on their faces, as if by you and the witches being captured by the scims their last hope that someone was here to rescue them had been destroyed.

"If you're there, Snake, stop hiding and show yourself." Agatha said calmly but sharply, but there was no movement.

"It's waiting for something." Hester seethed. "Or someone."

"Tedros and Lancelot." You say. You can't quite tell if you've just said the obvious or the others are too afraid to agree with you.

You find yourself praying that Tedros ignores the scims, but knowing him, he'd be too valiant to ignore a possible danger to the town - even if it meant that he was putting himself at risk.

At that moment, some scims from around the room hunch together, slithering over each other until the shape of a body is formed. Eventually, the Snake materializes in front of you, it's cold glare through the mask of scims making you shiver.

"Looks like I'm no longer waiting." He smiles cryptically, his eyes narrowing.

Suddenly, the door bangs open, nearly crushing you with the amount of force that was applied to it.

Tedros. Covered in blood and sweat, he stops short at the sight of his enemy, holding up his sword as a shield.

But he's not alone.

________________

A/N: So I don't have the book with me right now, so sorry if this isn't exactly how this part happens but this is how I remember it 😊