Chapter Five: Hospital

When speaking;

"English"

"Korean"

Thoughts are always in the person's native language.

Namjoon's pov

I can't believe I won 가위 바위 보 (rock paper scissors).

Only one of us was allowed to go with Skylar so we played for it. All the other members were going to the BTS at connect, a piece of art at the waterfront of the New York skyline. I need to go there too but seeing Jasmine was more important so I have two hours to visit the hospital and get back to the group. Of course, Skylar was driving us (since I can't drive) and was singing along with the songs on the radio.

"You have a good voice," I said, a little surprised.

She is beautiful, smart and now she can sing too. What can't she do?!

"Ah thanks, I'm okay at it. I used to sing in a choir as a high alto during college, but I never got a solo," she said with a pout.

I gasp in mock horror at that. We both start laughing. It sounds amazing hearing her laugh.

"How could they not give you a solo?! You sound amazing!" I say

"Oh come on now, I'm not that good. And maybe it also didn't help that everyone was in their twenties and I was only fifteen..." she said, stopping at a red light. 'Bang bang' by Jessi J comes on and she starts to sing along again. And then she starts to rap along with Nicki Minaj. She raps with a confident smirk on her lips.

I must say, she is good. Could use some work around the edges but good. And that from a tiny, fair-skinned, blue-eyed and raven-haired little lady. Damn girl.

"Is there something you can't do?" I ask teasing.

She starts to laugh. "Yeah, I'm not good at cooking. I can cook the basics, but not something special. Not really fun to cook just for one person..." she sobers a little. Probably to distract herself she asks "Are you guys on Spotify?"

"Yeah sure. Want me to put something on?" I ask enthusiastically.

"Oh yes please!" She bounces when she answers. I connect my phone to the Bluetooth of the car and go into my Spotify app.

Okay, let's see if she likes our music. What to play? Something old, new, slow or fast? Hmmm. Oh, I know! Let's just start with Boy with Love. That is a good song to introduce us to. Maybe Noona knows Halsey.

"Oh, this sounds nice. I think I heard it on the radio before, back home. Who is singing here?" she asks, bobbing her head to the beat.

"This is Jimin, and now Tae," I answer, looking at her with great interest. I want to know what she thinks of our music.

"Could you tell me who is singing throughout the song? I am very curious how everyone sounds." She is listening very intently to the music, not wanting to miss a thing.