💠:3

Leaving all thoughts behind after the whole conversation with my handmaids, I studied myself in the dressing mirror.

They had spent more than an hour preparing me, making me more prettier than I was.

The color of the dress makes my skin color glow and my makeup was made perfectly.

My hair was decorated beautifully with rust colored flowers at the sides.

I was already feeling week because of nervousness. Or is it fear? I don't know, but I was feeling a bit sick.

"What's wrong princess? Did we do something wrong?" Orla asked noticing a bit of sadness on my face.

"Why would you say that?" I asked turning around to face them. "This is the most beautiful dress I've ever worn."

They smile at me but I couldn't smile back because of the tiny people that danced in my stomach.

"Everything is going to be fine My Lady." Ina assured giving me a warm but weak smile.

A knock on the door interrupted us and shortly after, a guard came in and bowed.

"The prince of Arcelia has arrived My Lady. The King and Queen requests your presence in the throne room."

"Thank you. You may leave." I ordered and he left.

"Well let's go see the crowned prince of Arcelia." Ina squealed trying to change the mood from sadness to excitement.

I just gave her a small smile and then we're out of my room and now in the hallways.

I looked down from the balcony and saw my father, mother and some guards walking towards the door.

I guess the prince found the exact way to the palace. Why didn't he just get lost on his way here?

I shook my head slightly walking a bit faster now. I wanted getting over this as soon as possible.

Soon enough, we were walking down the stairs.

"Slow down My Lady, you'll trip while walking like that." Orla whispers.

"Ah there she is. The beautiful princess in all of Threlondia." My father praises as I walk down the stairs.

I finally got down the stairs and neared where my father and the prince were at.

I looked at no ones' face rather than looking at anybody's face. According to my mother it was "Lady Like" to look down when a meeting is held.

"Good morning father and mother." I greeted with a curtsey.

"Morning dear." Father greeted. "This is my beautiful daughter princess Reyna."

I curtseied as father introduced me to him and then slightly lifting my head up to see who this prince of Arcelia was.

Looking up, my eyes met a pair of cognac eyes that my reflection was shone visibly.

No! Hold on! Not cognac, it was like that of a fire breathing dragon that shines even in the darkest pit.

I have never come across anyone with such breathtaking eyes. Even his face was mind-blowing. He was tall, broad-shouldered and has thick raven hair that falls over his shoulder and down to his elbows.

"Princess?"

I was startled a bit as I was brought back to reality when father called me.

"Sorry your majesty I was just....lost in thought." I said calmly trying to avoid looking at the man in front of me.

"This is your future husband's youngest brother. Prince Kieran."

I looked at my father with a 'What do you mean?' look.

"Your husband didn't have the chance to meet you so he sent his younger brother here." Father explained.

"I sincerely apologize. But since he couldn't make it, he sent..."

I stumbled back losing my balance because of his voice. It was deep and soothing to the ear. If not for Orla and Ina, I would've fallen over.

"My Lady control yourself." Orla whispers in my ear as she held me in place.

He looked at me with those eyes of his. I know he might be wondering what's wrong with me.

"He sent these gifts to you." He added never breaking the eye contact neither did I.

But wow! If this is my future husband's younger brother, I wonder how the crowned prince would look like.

"Thank you for coming we highly appreciate your visit." My father thanks him and he just nods slightly as a reply.

"We may take our leave now if you don't mind." He says.

"But you haven't had anything to eat nor to drink." My mother put forth.

I just kept my head down in silence waiting for them to finish their conversation.

"Thank you for your hospitality but I need to get on my way before dawn."

"But My Lo...."

"Thank you your highness." He cuts my mother off with a bow and then turns to me.

I could see his feet walking towards me but I couldn't do anything.

Before I knew it, he held my right fist slightly as though I was fragile. He places a peck on my knuckles which made my spine shiver.

His lips against the skin of my fist was the softest thing I've ever felt. How can a man be this breathtaking?

"Goodbye My Lady." He smiles a little and turns to leave.

I stared at his back while he walks away with his soldiers behind him.

"He is one fine man." Ina pointed out.

I wouldn't disagree with her because it was true. He was very good-looking.

But unfortunately, I'm his sister-in-law to be. Plus, his my future husband's younger brother.

I should better stop looking at other men before I get caught up in things I don't want to.

"Let's go inside princess." Orla suggested.

I looked around to see no one but me and my handmaids in the throne room.

I guess everybody left while I was still daydreaming. I chuckled lightly shaking my head.

Orla and Ina took me back upstairs to my room.

My mind drifted back to my future husband and why he didn't come.

It was a tradition but I don't see why he disobeyed and sent his younger brother instead.