💠:4

Kieran

I walk down the quiet hallway that leads to the crown prince quarters.

Walking through the hallway, my brother's guards looked at me with fear and hatred. But that had no effect on me whatsoever.

"Greetings your highness." The young maids greeted.

I could hear their giggles and whispers as I walked past them.

"Oh my he's so dreamy."

"Why didn't I find a man like him a long time ago?"

"Focus on your lover. The prince is mine."

"You wish."

"Yeah. I would take care of all his needs and wants."

They giggled walking by. What they didn't know was that I could hear their whispers.

Reaching the main hall, two guards blocked my way.

"How can we be of your assistance your highness?" They asked politely.

"How about doing me a favor and getting out of my way?"

"We can't your highness."

"And why is that?"

"The crown prince ordered us to not allow anyone in."

I looked at both of them with a scowl expression. I could see them quake even as they tried hiding it.

"Then go tell the crown prince to get out here or I'll get in no matter what."

They looked at each other. "Sorry your highness but we can't."

"Oh well." I said taking a step back and turning around.

I walked few feet away from them but then stopped in my tracks. I pulled out two shurikens out of my coat and threw it behind me.

Their groans where heard across the hall and soon their weapons dropped.

I smirked knowing that the shurikens hit them. I turned around seeing them slowly drop to the ground with each shuriken in their legs.

Leaving the guards on the ground, I went on heading to my brother's chamber.

I got to my final destination and swung the door open only to see my brother surrounded with women and liquor.

"Oh Kieran what a surprise to see you here." He smiled. He's definitely intoxicated.

"You came just the right time. How about you come join me?" He pulled one of the ladies hair and pours a cup of liquor on her neck.

"We need to talk." I ignored his question.

"I'll be on my with you shortly Ladies. I have to talk to my brother." With that all the ladies left the room closing the door behind them.

"What is it you need to talk about?" He asked.

"About your wife to be."

"Oh yeah. About that..." He sipped the liquor and dropped it on the table. "How is she?"

Anger began to grow inside of me. He just sent me to his future bride and now acts as if nothing happened.

"You would've known if you went there. Now the poor thing would be wondering why on earth you refused coming." I said.

"But I sent gifts to her and her family. So what's the fuss?" He asked unbothered by his actions.

"You sound like someone who is not getting married." I said irritatedly. "You are here having fun while your wedding is around the cor..."

"And who are you to lecture me?" He cuts me off looking serious. "You may be lucky that you were chosen as a protector of Arcelia, but you are in no state to lecture me Kieran."

"Says who? You are just a year older than me and that makes no difference."

He watched me quietly with his eyebrow drawn together. I knew he was already fumed up and was about to burst but it didn't bother me.

"Maybe next time you'll send me to marry her because of some work." I said taking one look at him before leaving.

I swung the door open and closed it behind me. I walked back to my quarters filled with anger.

I didn't and wouldn't regret anything I just said to him. He may be the crown prince and my oldest brother but it doesn't make a difference like I said earlier.

I just hope he does nothing stupid.

Reyna

I lay on my stomach reading a novel on the bed. I didn't have much to do today because the whole palace was busy with preparing for the wedding.

After meeting with my future husband's brother, I came up to my room thinking of all the possible reasons why prince Kamil couldn't make it.

I mean, I don't even want to get married but our tradition means so much to my parents but they didn't even seem to bother about it.

Guess because Arcelia empire was more powerful than our own empire in everyway.

I got bored with reading and decided to use my powers just for some fun.

I closed the book and dropped it on the bed. I got out of the bed and walked to the balcony.

My eyes searching for a pool of water or probably a lake of water near by. Unfortunately, I don't see any.

I hissed out of annoyance and a little anger in me. When you need something, you would not find it, but when you don't want an object or a thing, is that exact time you'll not use it.

I looked around for anything with water in it.

I found a watering can some jars and cups of water on a table and a small pond by a tree.

'That'll do.' I thought.

I picked up all the water in each of these places with my mind now circulating them around.

I learned this trick from my grandfather. When I was 6 years old

He taught me the how to control, move, raise and master water from their original position with both my eyes opened and closed.

But before he passed away, he gave me a book that has everything I need to know about my powers.

He didn't finish teaching me but at least he left something of his to help remind me of him.

I had the book with me since that day. It has never left my presence.

I turned to the water I raised that were now rotating around. I just stared at the floating water not knowing what to do with it.

I got bored even more than before that I started making images and shapes with it.

My mind drifted back to the Prince from earlier. I wasn't able to get him off my mind.

But I was kind of disappointed because prince Kamil couldn't make it. Like, why would someone send another person in his place to meet his bride?

These kind of people would even pay for someone to get married to their wife.

The thought of him marrying me to another man crossed my mind but I quickly shook it away.

Maybe I'm over thinking everything. Besides, I need to figure out a way to stop the wedding once and for all.

I looked at the water that was in different shapes now. I smiled and returned the water in their previous position.

'I pray I succeed in my plan for stopping the wedding.' I thought walking into my room.