XIX

I woke up all of a sudden looking around frantically trying to figure out where I was.
I smelled a strong smell of sanitizer and ... clean, although not that normal clean but that clean too clean if you know what I mean.
Around me there were white walls and light green curtains that surrounded the bed on which I was lying on.

My body hurt like hell, my eyes felt heavy for some reason and the smell of disinfectant only made the nauseous feeling I was dealing with much worse.
I was alarmed when I heard heavy footsteps approaching in my direction, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be still unconscious.
After just a few seconds I felt the curtains around the bed being moved and immediately after, the presence of someone next to me.

I heard them rummaging, perhaps looking for something and then the sound of something clicking awakened my fighting senses.

Even with my body in those conditions and the pain I was feeling I would have fought with all the strength I still had in me.

I have yet to take my revenge before dying.

I thought, and in that same instant I felt the stranger getting closer and closer to me until I could feel his breath on my cheek; so I immediately opened my eyes and, without thinking twice I jumped on the person making them land on their back on the bed.
I was straddled him locking his legs and holding both his arms above his head and, since my hair was free some of my curls fell on my face and they also touched that of the person below me who I only noticed after, being a man maybe in his thirties.

With one hand holding bot of his arms above his head, with the other one I took the object he was holding and although I expected to see a gun or a lethal weapon I realized that what he was holding was just ... one of those little lights doctors use to check your pupils so, with furrowed eyebrows I looked down at his face and noticed that he had a slight blush on his cheeks.

After a few seconds of me looking at him I felt someone clear their throat, my head snapped in that direction and my eyes widened when I noticed who was there.

Axel, Mr Damiano and ... Mr Nocolai Morello; they were all standing there staring at me.
Axel and Mr. Damiano had amusement in their expressions while Mr. Nicolai seemed ... pissed.

I immediately moved from above the man hissing in pain and sat back on the bed, moving some strands of hair from my face.

As stupid as I was I almost completely forgot that I was hurt and I moved as if I was just perfectly fine.

"Peach, are you okay?"
Axel said coming towards me, I raised my head and met his worried gaze.
"More or less"
I said shutting my eyes close before opening them again giving him a weak smile.
"What happened"
I asked to no one in particular, the stranger who was now standing with the others advanced towards me and only now I noticed his white coat realizing that he was a doctor.

Great. Just great Kyla, you've just assaulted a doctor.

"G-Good morning Ms Williams. I'm doctor Davis.
You were wounded by a bullet that went through your side.
You lost a lot of blood, but we gave you a transfusion and stitches, so you won't be able to do extreme movements for a while and you'll  also need a lot of rest."
He said avoiding eye contact with me every time our eyes met.

I must have scared the poor thing.

"How did I end up here?"
I asked trying to relocate the last moments before everything went dark for me but the only thing I remember is when we were in the car back to the mansion, then nothing else.
This time Axel answered.
"Mr. Morello brought you here while you were unconscious."

I looked up at Axel who had a silly smirk on his face then over his shoulder where the two brothers stood.
My eyes first stopped on Mr. Nicolai who was looking at everything in the room except me.
However when I heard someone move I looked away from him just to see the doctor advancing near me.
I got up from the bed groaning in pain.