July 11th

"Some moments become more vivid with the passage of time. Yesterday's many encounters and goodbyes existed for this moment. Every alley and crossroad I walked through were all meant to lead me to this very place. That kind of moment is what I mean."

~

   The train flashed past me as I stood still. Wind whipped around me and the sound of wheels screeching on the train tracks filled my ears.
   It had not been an amazing day for me. The person I had been dating for years... they found out about my research. I had purposely kept it a secret because... well, I knew no one would understand. He demanded I explain what I was doing.
   I tried my best to explain, but he couldn't comprehend what I was saying. As they all usually do. So instead of trying to understand, he called me insane and broke up with me.
   It was not a good day. I grabbed all of my books and research and left as soon as I could. I hadn't found a place to stay since then and was just trying to travel on my feet.
   Which is what I was doing as I was waiting for the train to pass. There I stood for a while more, until the last train car passed by me. And there stood someone I had never seen before.
   He wore a green shirt and blue jeans. His hair was light brown and laid on his head in a soft, straight sweep. His eyes were beautiful and dark, contrasting in his light skin. His face was so beautiful, it was hard to distract my eyes.
   And somehow... it seemed as if he was distracted by me, as well. Almost as if he knew me. And it felt like I knew him, too.
   He stood staring at me as I quickly crossed the train tracks, trying to be distracted as I hurried my feet. My heart raced as I jogged right up next to him. I felt out of touch with reality. Something seemed to happen at that moment. I just couldn't quite place what.
   But I knew from that day, my life would change forever.