*✧・゚:* chapter 1*:・゚✧

the wastes were quiet, the gentle breeze swaying the tall grass. it was getting late and a thick fog covered the landscape. a looming structure standing tall.

the blond wizard known as Howl pendragon was just about to turn the portal gate to the wales when he heard a yelp coming from outside. recognizing the voice of his apprentice., howl stepped out into the marsh with a long sigh from his nose, instantly being able to hear the banter between the two children who also inhabited the castle.

"(name) stop! that thing is grossing me out !" the chestnut-haired boy exclaimed as he was backed up into one of the castle's support beams knees buckled together as of to make himself smaller "come on markl!  how are you supposed to become a great wizard if you can't even hold a frog!" the small girl with pigtails now known as (name) said teasingly. an open mason jar lying at her feet, supposedly where the frog resided.

the children, now taking note of his presence directed their attention towards howl. who simply loomed over the children, arms crossed and a warm tight smile on his lips.

"howl! tell her to stop, she's  bothering me with her gross frog!"markl spoke first

"nuh-uh! your just a scaredy-cat and don't wanna hold franklin!" the girl retorted holding the frog out towards the boy with a now annoyed pout.

"What did we say about playing in the wastes ?" howl questions in a light scolding tone, raising a brow. both children's expressions deflated, their shoulders slumping slightly"never go too far off or be out when the fog thickens" they chorused in unison.

"that's correct, come along now the wind will start picking up soon" howl ushered the two children inside. (name) carefully placed their frog back into their jar, following behind the tall blonde and boy back into the castle with skip in their step. The wind picking up and rushing all around them as the sky got cloudier with the passing minutes.

they entered the castle with a loud creak from the front door, a dim glow coming from the fire  demon resting in their fireplace as the only source of light in the room as howl directed his attention to the door again shifting the portal key to the wales.

"I won't  be gone for long, calsifer I want you to make sure these two don't get into too much trouble" he instructed the fire demon while exiting out the door."oh yeah! as if moving this place wasn't  work enough,  no you leave me alone with the rugrats" the demon complained, calling after howl but the blond wizard paid him no mind as he closed the large oak door on his way out. At the fire demons whining and complaining the two children simply responded by sticking their tounges  out at him, to which he retorted by copying  them  10 times as immaturely.

(name) still holding the  mason jar  holding her frogy friend, shifted over to markl "what do you think master howl was doing out in town markl?, don't you usually  go out to buy things if we need any?"the girl asked curiously, tilting her head to the side.

walking up the stairs, the young boy responded in a disgusted tone "he was probably with some girl, bleh!"  he emphasized, (name) only giggled at his antics. walking up the stairs to her room name placed the jar capturing her frog Franklin  back on the shelf, which contained a plethora  of small insects and creatures. turning on  her oil lamp by her vanity, she could now properly see things in the room, illuminated  by a light yellow glow.

her room was certainly messy, books and toys strued about the room floor while drawings lightly decorated the walls, her bed fluffy and soft with a multitude  of stuffed animals. her bookshelf and vanity close by the windowsill. in this sort of lighting, you could now take in the small seven year-old girls appearance.

her two pigtails held up by ribbons, each one having a button, her (f/c) dress with a frilly button-up shirt underneath, all finished  off with her  brown mary janes  and white stalking's.

now changed into her baby pink nightgown. (name) laid under the covers and slept to the familiar sound of wind whistling  through the castle walls. 

*✧・゚:* end  of chapter 1*:・゚✧

unedited - rems