One

One

Scorpio's pov

"You think your mother would allow this?" I whispered at a handsome blonde with thick, tanned hair.

"Oh, I'm sure." He spoke back soothingly, but I could see the worry glimmering through his eyes. He blinked it away and asked for another shot.

I felt uncomfortable, knowing that your local club wouldn't be the best place to tell somebody's homophobic mother that two men liked each other. Glancing around, my eyes suddenly fell on a poster. The most unattractive poster ever caught my attention.

"Be right back." I waved to Rowan, getting out of my chair quickly before a warm hand linked to mine. I turned my head, sighing before letting go of his grasp and allowing him to follow me to the poster.

"So- what's this? A scrawny old poster caught your eye?" He chuckled, ripping out of the wall before reading it.

"It's about cancer." I leaned over to him and started reading the small, red words.

"Hun, that's nothing to worry about. Stop freaking out." He rolled his eyes, but affection took over him as his grin turned into hysterical laughter.

Yes, I can't believe it. This very idiot with his very homophobic family was gay and loved me. What troubles have I gotten into?

Though warmed by the thought of this, the gut feeling I had was refusing to leave, and trying my best to forget about the poster would still be near to impossible.

Slowly though, he conjoined his hand with mine again, turned to his watch, then skimmed at me."Should we go to the dining place now?" His grin reapered, his tall structure looming protectively over me.

"Don't gotta be so protective." I flashed my eyelashes dramatically at him.

He chuckled, dragging my arm away.

Oh yes, the dining place. I would meet his mother now. I gulped nervously,nodding slightly. Eerie comfort floated over me as I followed Rowan's proud, sturdy steps. I never came here before, and the first time here would be the last time here. Hopefully. Just meeting his mom, and maybe leaving with a scratch or two, but it's the only time I will come.

The bad feeling with the poster did not help as the talk with his mother began. Let's just say that we not only left with a scratch, we also left being drunk and forgotten about the whole mother thing.