Two

Two

Rowan's pov

Rowan put his sneakers on as he turned to leave. He swung open the door, kissed his lover goodbye and hopped along the sidewalk to his hospital.

Yes, he was working at the hospital. He had a very high ranking. Of well- being a janitor.

His mom never specified which role to be in, just as long as he could perform a job in the hospital. This one seems okay. Though he was relatively poor, 3-figures seemed enough to survive. Slightly thrive.

"Rowan, heyyy." A voice popped up behind him.

"Huh-" He turned around, blinking blankly at the empty hallway. Nobody. "Uh..."

"Oh Rooowaan." The voice whispered mysteriously.

"Shut it." He snapped at nobody, storming away in both annoyance and fear.

The day went by quite quickly, with Rowan trying to forget about the strange... something. Surely it's just one of my friends bothering me. I have lots of useless friends. Haha. The thought brightened him as he went back to work, humming out shakira tunes.

The second his shift ended, he took off, speeding back home (don't forget tripping too)

gleaming excitedly for his awaiting hot, steamy meal.

Just that no meal waited for him. No nothing. Just a small note.

'Hey Rowan.

Remember the cancer poster we saw

Remember?

Well, I took a test. No reason why, I just wanted to.

I have stage 3 cancer.

The hospital should call you about the bills.

I'll be back.

Love you,'

Scorpio.