➠2

(play music ! )

Fate never cares about your plans. After a three hours, and 12 minutes of an internal dilemma, she decided it was best to avoid the stranger she had met. He could be in the Port Mafia for god's sakes.

"Pleasure seeing you again, " 

Mieko groaned. This time it was her day off, when she usually would spend her Sundays roaming Yokohama by herself. It was a habit she still kept even after resigning from the mafia. She tried to turn around and carry on  in another direction, but the man followed her.

"Now, now, leaving so soon?" he said.

Damn that Albedo-like voice of his.

She thought, deeming his voice to be attractive. She let out a sigh, but did not refute his offer to join her on the walk. From trailing behind her, the young troupe leader walked side-to-side her, analysing her features as she let out a soft hum and weaved in and out of the crowd.

"Beautiful weather today, right?" Chrollo commented.

Mieko internally wanted to scream and roll her eyes.

And I thought my social anxiety was bad.

Ha! Where's his cool demeanor now?

The truth was, Chrollo hadn't thought she would allow him to accompany her on her walk. His plan was, to initiate conversation by convincing her to let him join her.  Surprisingly, Mieko let out a soft chuckle.

"Yes, beautiful indeed. " She stated, gazing at the cherry blossoms with a hidden fondness lying behind her words. Chrollo stared at her, as her hair was being caressed by the wind.

 Chrollo stared at her, as her hair was being caressed by the wind

Damn, did she always have such an overwhelming presence?

Chrollo's heart fluttered a bit. His feelings weren't love at first sight. Definitely not. Love at first sight meant falling for one's appearance, completely without regarding one's personality and traits. Completely ridiculous, if one asked him.

Something about her gaze. As if they knew all of his secrets, and were amused by his personality.

"Chrollo-san?" A concerned voice shook him back to reality. Chrollo jolted and turned his gaze back to her.

"It's nothing, Dazai-san."

"Call me Mieko, please,"

"My, my. I see we're getting personal here." Chrollo said, upon being allowed to call her by her first name.

Mieko pursed her lips slightly. An irk mark appeared on her forehead.

"It's not that , ya little pervert, " Mieko pursed her lips slightly.

"Being called by my last name...

brings back some memories."

She smiled for a bit, but a bitter expression was plastered on her face again a few seconds later.

"Boss! Dazai-san and Dazai-san are entering now!"

Mori chuckled.

"Very well, let those runts in,"

Mieko then turned to Chrollo,

"Say Chrollo, why do you think humans live–" she was about to question when,

"Dazai-san, The Port wants you back. " A gruff voice said, followed by a few coughs.