chapter 3

AUTHOR'S POV

jennie stared at the rack of clothes hanging in her bedroom, a woman fluttered about, placing out boxes of accessories and laying shoes out on the floor. "Mr. Kim said that this was black tie formal, so I chose only the best for Mr. Kim." She pulled out a black tea-length dress and jennie's eyes widened. "None of these are available to the public yet, but Mr. Kim is very influential. Designers kill to get their designs on him and his...entourage." She eyed her skeptically.

her apartment was small, nothing but a studio-size, but it was all she needed right now. she  may not be able to afford the latest fashion trends, but jennie did know how to dress herself. she shook her head at the black dress and the woman hung it back up.

"Looking at you I'd say you can wear something more risque. You have a fantastic body."

jennie felt her face heat up and thanked her, watching her pull out a floor length red dress that was absolutely stunning. It was backless, but the woman was right, jennie would be able to pull it off. She beckoned her over and jennie slid out of her robe as she helped her get into the dress. When she stepped away from jennie her eyes lit up, "Wait until they photograph you in this. They'll wonder what model Mr. Kim picked up."

jennie grinned and looked in the mirror she had by her bed, the dress was beautiful. It flowed down her body gracefully and it felt like a dream.
The woman picked out some shoes and earrings for jen to match. jennie had done her hair and makeup before she came over. When the outfit was completely paired jen stared at her reflection in shock, she almost didn't recognize herself. It was a stark difference being in heels that were meant to emphasize the dress not her legs. jennie looked at the woman with a frown, "You think this looks okay? I look like I belong there?"

The woman blinked at jennie's question before a genuine smile spread across her lips. It was the first genuine smile she'd seen since she rushed through her door. "Sweetheart, you look like you belong on his arm." She stepped forward and brushed back a bit of her hair, "You're going to take his breath away."

jennie felt tears sting  her eyes suddenly, feeling grateful to the older woman for complimenting her so nicely. jennie didn't hear these things often.

she heard her phone buzzing, snapping her out of her thoughts and she rushed over to pick it up.

"I'm downstairs," Jongin told jennie after she answered. "Did you need me to come up?"

she  looked around her apartment, with the added mess of shoes and dresses it was a disaster. "No!" jennie quickly answered him, "I'll be right down."

The woman had already picked up a matching clutch from one of her bags and handed it to jennie to shove her phone in with some other essentials. "I'll lock the door behind me," she told her with a soft smile.

jennie barely knew this woman, but she  knew Jongin trusted her and somehow it made jen trust her as well. "Thank you so much." jennie told her, holding her hand for a moment.

She smiled broadly, "Go knock 'em dead."

The landing up to jennie's building involved her walking down several cement steps and she was nervous with her new shoes and long dress. she almost missed the look on Jongin's face when she reached the top of them, bunching the dress up so jennie made sure she didn't step on it. He waited for her at the bottom, his mouth hung open as he took all of her in.

jennie made a face, "It's too much isn't it?" she beckoned back to the door, "There were dresses that covered more. I won't look so much like a–"

Jongin grabbed her hand and smiled, jennie stumbled on her words as they fell dead from her lips. "You look nothing like a stripper," He told her, "you look stunning."