early morning sunrise.

[ lowercase typing is intentional. ]
[3rd person pov]

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH, XXXX

9:28 A.M.

----

[ 3rd person pov ]

[name] awoken groggily. after just a measly 5 hours of sleep, he felt tired, but it was definitely more than usual. 

he laid in bed for a while, snuggled in his blankets. the warmth nearly made him fall asleep again, but he knew better. he knew his mother would most likely get onto him for sleeping in, even if it's pretty early.

so, with that in mind, he slipped out of bed. sliding on his slippers gave him a nearly déjà vu feeling as he stood up and walked up to the mirror.

he was still in the hoodie he picked out last night, with ice cream smudged around his mouth. that's right.. he'd nearly forgotten.

that cashier.

he didn't know what was up with him, but something made him want to visit him again. it made him smile a little to himself as he tried cleaning off his face, heading over to his closet.
he was unsure what to wear today, or if he should change at all. he probably should.. might be weird to cashier if he walked in with the same clothes.

he fumbled with the closet's contents for a moment before pulling out something he had liked. he sighed softly to himself as he changed out of the sweatpants, t-shirt and hoodie and into the chosen clothes he picked out of the closet. he slipped on some socks before walking out of his room, looking for his shoes.

"ugh, where could i have put them.." he murmured, glancing around before finally spotting them by the couch, he rushed over and slid them on, nearly tumbling as he did this.

he didn't know why he was so pumped-up today.

he figured out he had some money spared in his hoodie and on-hand already, which pleasantly surprised him. he didn't need to look around the house for money again for now.

he walked out of the door, looking out at the blue sky. the sun's rays hit down on his face and sunkissed him, making him marvel at the sky for a moment before walking down the sidewalk. it was shockingly empty today, but that was okay. he heard the birds chirping and that one kid in his house, laughing along to some show.

he noticed the convenience store now, seeming pretty excited. he really didn't know what made him so excited about going here, maybe it was the thought of a new friend?

he just shrugged to himself and walked into the store. again, to his surprise, he found cashier dead asleep on the counter, snoring quietly. [name] looked a bit concerned as he walked up to him, gently shaking his shoulder.

"cashier?" the boy asked quietly, which resulted in a small groan from him. "go away, player.." he muttered, his eyes closed shut still.

"it's not player." he said matter-of-factly, which made cashier drowsily open his eyes and look up at him. "oh, hey.. what do you want, [name]..?" he murmured, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.

"i wanted to come see you, actually." he said this, smiling at cashier. cashier's expression amused him, "really? why..?"

"no reason, really. i just thought it was fair after letting me into the freezer last night. have you not gotten off your shift yet?"

cashier paused at this question, but reluctantly shook his head no. it made [name] frown.
"well, wasn't kidding when it said open 24 hours..." [name] muttered, which made cashier nod in response, "yeah.. i'm the only one who works here, so it's not really like i can do anything about it, either."

the only one that works there? really? that appalled [name], but it also gave him an idea.. he'll think about it.

"hey, c'mon. business is rare this early, why don't you take a break?" he offered, giving him a reassuring look after seeing his unease, "i can't. my break doesn't start in another hour." he said, though [name] protested by grabbing his hand.

"it'll be fine, cashier. you need the break." he insisted, tugging on his hand, which made cashier sigh. 

"only for a minute or two." he muttered, which made [name] nod with a grin, and bring cashier out from the counter. he stumbled a bit, holding onto [name] for stability.

"it's nice out today, maybe we can just stop by one of the benches and relax." [name] offered, which made cashier think. the benches weren't that far from the store, so hopefully it'll be okay. 

"i guess so." cashier nodded, grabbing his keys and locking the store's doors behind him. it felt odd, doing that. he hasn't closed the store in a LONG while.

"well, c'mon, don't stand there." [name insisted, tugging on cashier. it made him laugh a bit, "i'm coming, pname]. don't worry." he murmured, walking besides him. for some reason, he felt.. nice, doing this. guilty, but nice. it felt great out, he'll say.

[ cashier's pov ]

it was weird, coming out of that store outside of break. i hardly ever got the chance to see the sky like this. come to think of it - did i ever leave that store? it's all i can remember. it and player.. that one dummy, too. but i've only seen them once. and for all i know, it could've been a hallucination due to being sleep deprived.

i just sighed, walking besides [name] and gripping his hand tightly.
i just hope things will turn up for the better after this.

----

SMALL CLINFFHANGER BUT ITS BC I RAN OUT OF MOTIV TO WRITE TODAY>...... ILL HOPEFULLY UPDATE MORE TOMORROW 
ALMOST 1K WORDS AGAIN.....