we gaze at the stars, and they gaze back.

[ lowercase typing is intentional. ]
[3rd person pov]

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH, XXXX

9:42 A.M.

----

[ cashier's pov ]

we had walked for some time, surprisingly. maybe it was just because i was unfamiliar with the outside now that i've spent so much time in that store, but it all seemed so.. fresh. the scenery was greener than my visor, and the sun was shining bright. i usually slept through the day, so this was rare to see.

i was subconsciously squeezing [name]'s hand too hard, causing them to wince a little, "are you alright, cashier?" he had asked, making my face flush a bit out of embarrassment.

"uh.. yeah. i'm fine. it's just been a while since i've been outside s'all." i muttered, loosening up my grip on his hand. i wasn't lying, it's felt like years.

[name] just softly smiled at me and we continued walking down the sidewalk. i've come to notice some things; there were two houses. one seemed more roughed up due to some child not knowing any better, and one was kept pristine with some garden out by the side. i could guess which one was player's.

the thought gave me a realization and made me groan a bit, that kid's going to be out here. "what's wrong, cashier?" [name] asked, a bit concerned, understandably so. 

"that kid - player. he's going to be out here, ain't he?" i said, annoying. he just stifled a laugh, "probably, but it's gonna be fine. he doesn't usually come out of the house until late at night. i assume it's because of his dad." 

oh, right.. his dad. excuse my language, but his dad was an asshole. just an absolute jerk of a guy, i'm glad he has player as his little errand boy. last time i talked to the guy, i nearly got knocked out. not really fun.

"you and me both," [name] muttered after noticing my expression. i was surprised, honestly, i didn't think he'd have much trouble with player's dad.

"hey, there's a bunch of free space over there. why don't we head over to the forested area? if you don't wanna see the kid, of course. i doubt he goes back here." [name] suggested, which made me think for a moment.

"i guess so.." i said, nodding a little. he chuckled and dragged me off the sidewalk, pushing away from branches as we went into the forest. this was.. new, feeling the leaves brush up against me. i've never been that involved with nature, never wanted to be, but it felt.. nice.

"have you ever went stargazing, cashier?" [name] had asked, which brought me out of my day-dreamy sorta state.

"uh.. not that i can recall, no." i managed to say, walking close besides him. to be honest, i was afraid of a bug or something getting on me.

"maybe we should do that tonight, then. i used to come into this area to stargaze all the time. it's an amazing pass-time and a great stress reliever.." he smiled, which brought a bit of warmth to my cheeks. he had a kind, but tired smile...

"i wouldn't mind that, but-" "i'm sure the store will hold up itself. it needs to close down SOMETIMES, especially with only one person working there for 24 hours, constantly." [name] interrupted, squeezing my hand in reassurance. i just sighed, he was quite stubborn..

"okay, i'll take your word for it." i said in a quiet tone, which made him look a bit happier than before. it made me a bit happy, too.

----

7:38 P.M.

it's been quite a while by now, nearly sundown. me and [name] parted ways after a while of exploring the forest, and settled on a place to meet at. i fixed my visor and look at myself nervously. i never went out to meet with people, like.. ever. this was one of my first times, actually.

i will admit, i have went stargazing before. on break time, during the night, i'd stare up at the sky while chewing on gum. i've recently been trying to cut down on smoking, and gum seemed to be the best alternative.

okay, enough of my rambling. i closed my eyes and sighed, before walking out of the store and going over to the forest.

maybe i should start a diary, it'd be better than rambling to myself in my mind..

[ name's pov ]

i wonder what was holding up cashier.. it's been quite some time since our original meet-up time. maybe he really got caught up in work.. i hope not. this was supposed to be relaxing.

i frowned and sat in the empty patch of grass, looking around.

i heard some shuffling, which immediately brightened me up, after seeing that bright green and black visor.

he stumbled in to the clearing and fell besides me, which got me worried, "are you oka-" "sorry- sorry. i didn't think i'd be this late either." cashier sighed tiredly, sitting up. he seemed fine..

i sighed in relief and grabbed his hand. "what happened?" i asked, which resulted in him chuckling. "nothing but me being too worried." he said, before laying down on the grass, staring up at the sky. his visor tipped over his hat, which made me laugh along with him. i leaned back into the grass as well.

the sun was going down quite fast, to my surprise. it made me marvel at the stars beginning to peak through the clouds and sky. we both stayed in silent as we did this, with me scooting a bit closer to him.

".. i feel like it's weird. i don't.. remember being outside, i only remember being in that blasted store and seeing player." cashier brought up, which i found odd.
"maybe your memory's just fuzzy from spending so much time there." i suggested, which made him nod a little, "maybe.." he replied.

"... isn't it weird how we stare at the stars? we're just looking at faraway balls of gas, or solid ground. i wonder if anybody's looking at our planet now." cashier brought up, which made me think for a moment.

"we always gaze at the stars, but we don't know if they're gazing back." i said in a joking philosopher's sort of tone and laughed a bit, leaning my head on his chest. he seemed flustered by this, which i found cute.

"i don't doubt it. it'd make sense if we gazed at the stars, they'd gaze back."  cashier murmured.

i felt myself chuckle and close my eyes, feeling a bit drowsy. i felt cashier gently pat my head, caressing it as i started to fall into a deep sleep.

[ cashier's pov ]

[name] was an odd one, indeed. had weird thoughts for being so smart, but i can't judge him. maybe i'm starting to grow on him a little, he's a nice guy..

i stared at the stars for quite some time, deep in my thoughts. it was hard to argue with the fact [name] was special to me, because he was, truthfully. i mean, he went out of his way to show me this place. i have great gratitude for him.

i hope he stays with me, i don't think i'd be able to let go of him too easily.

----

no this is not gonna be yandere weirdos smh but YIPEE THIRD CHAPTER WITH 1K WORDS LETS GOOOOO AND THANK YALL FOR THE VOTESS