A B Y S S

"Do you want to know who you are?"

It wasn't a question for me. I know who I am. I am Hyun Ae. I saved my friends with Taehyun. I love my friends... I know everything that happened in the last year has been so bizzare and wild that no one would believe me even if I tried and I know for a fact that I love Yeonjun. I know that I'll do whatever it takes to keep my friends group solid just like it's always meant to be.

Then why... Why when Sana asked me that question, my heart started racing? Why...

Why can I not speak? It should be simple! Just answer

Yes.

But I can't. Who am I?

"Hyun Ae," Sana's voice echoed in my brain and I could only manage a faint whisper. "What?"

"Didn't you ever wonder why out of all people, only Taehyun could see Soobin and you both could find your friends and bring them back again?" She asked with a smile, almost soft, almost that of... Sympathy.

"Why?" I ask. I feel foolish, and dumb. At a loss of words and it's irking me out.

"This world is filled with humans, mostly, and they lose their loved ones, friends, family and lovers everyday. But they don't get the chance to get them back. You got it. You and your friends got a chance, isn't it reason enough to wonder what's so special about you?" Yoongi finally broke a long silence that had occured between us. He looked calm and composed as any other day, but there was some mysterious darkness in his eyes.

Like an abyss.

Now that I think of it, it's in all their eyes. An abyss. It's deep, full of knowledge, mysterious, magical, but scary at the same time. It's like the hollow of my chest which I cannot reckon quite.

"I dreamt of a golden dragon who saved me from the dark one. I felt like I knew it. It's eyes were familiar... Is there another dragon?" I say instead, to avoid the uncomfortable questioning which was opening up a wound in my heart. One, which I didn't quite know of, but one, which I felt too strongly.

Taehyung snorted a laugh and shook his head. "You really don't remember after all."

It made me angry. I balled up my fists, my jaws clenching and my lips went into a thin line. I was about to say something but then Namjoon held my fist in his, and gave it a comforting, reassuring squeeze.

"Tae," Jimin said giving him a look of warning before turning to me with a soft, apologetic smile. "Yes you know him Hyun Ae. He's—" he stopped in his tracks as if he can't speak of it more and suddenly went quite.

"It's a he? Who's he? Is there another dragon??" I asked feeling more curious, anticipation captivating all my bones.

"All you need to know is that we can't reveal his identity to you..." Hoseok trailed off and sighed. "It's a matter deeper than you think. This dark dragon chasing you isn't all bad you know, it's just looking for it's other half."

Before I could say something, Jungkook beat me to it. "It might be a little difficult for you to understand but, that dark dragon is looking for a missing piece of himself which he had lost... For a reason, you will know soon, and he has found his missing piece."

Sana stood up from her seat and sighed deeply, as if contemplating how to explain something to me in a simple way. "Are you familiar with the term yin and yang?" She asked, surprising me.

"Of course." I replied with furrowed eyebrows.

"Um..." She thought for a bit and finally said. "It's like... Yin got taken away from Yang, so Yang tried to assume the role of Yin as well to maintain the balance of the Universe and it backfired in very simple words. So now... the misbalance is wreaking havoc and Yang is desperate to attain Yin back again."

After she was done, Jungkook cleared his throat and sat cross legged on the couch. "and just for extra information... Don't get weird ideas like you are Yin."

I blinked and looked at them with an unreadable expression. I wasn't baffled, I was beyond the realm of thinking this as well must be dream because how can such things even happen?

"Oh, so you're telling me, yin is among us?" I asked after processing what I was told just a minute back.

Well... To say they all looked proud and amused all together was an understatement because all of them nodded with lips parted in disbelief that I could figure this out.

"Now, don't just take names and ask us because we are not allowed to give any hints. That's against the rules of this Universe and we don't want a bigger turmoil." Jimin told me with a nod of his head, appreciating that I was in the right track at the very least.

"...yeah we've had enough demonstration of that." Yoongi muttered under his breath while he clicked his tongue.

I could've asked a lot of other things, but what they had left me with, was enough information for me to ponder on. I noticed them leaving in front of me, but I didn't stop them. Nor did I move from my place. A guilty sinking feeling started clawing at my brain and I couldn't think of any plausible explanation for why my friends could be one of it's missing halves... Or rather. Yin.

But the only person who immediately came to mind was Soobin.

He was the one who left Magic Island to be with us. He was the Guardian of souls there. What if his absence caused all this? After all... The evil dragon didn't come in the picture until Soobin became human like us.

Soobin... Was the missing piece to close the hole leading into this abyss.

☆☆☆

A/n : How is time passing by so quick? I'm again updating after almost a month and I don't like this. I can't even feel how fast this time is passing. I'm sad.

PS : What do you think of the story so far?