Good Vibes ~Darius Garland (Cleveland Cavaliers)

Request for @-cleveland

I woke up to a text message on my phone from Kevin Love. He and I have known each other since we were in prek-k. I was confused at first because all I could think was shouldn't he be at basketball practice by now?

Kevin: "Hey Y/N , I gotta favor to ask"

Y/N: "This better be good mister. I have woken up from my nice afternoon nap for this."

Kevin: "Sorry sweetness. This is kinda urgent."

Y/N: "What's up?"

Kevin: "Your boy has been a bit off at practice today, I don't know what's wrong but I was hoping you can maybe stop by and come cheer him up? I mean seeing his girl would definitely cheer him up.

Y/N: "Hmm. Let me change clothes real quick  and then I will be on my way. Do you really think I can help?"

Kevin: "Oh trust me. I know it'll help. Thanks y/n, see you soon!"

Y/N: "See you soon!"

                          —Time Jump—
After I parked my car in the players parking lot I headed towards the practice facility at the arena.Thank goodness I had credentials and that security knows me by now. Since Darius and I have been dating for almost 9 months now I've become close with the players, coaches, and security that works at the arena. They are all so great and a wonderful organization as a whole.

As soon as I walked in Kevin was walking towards me to greet me with a hug

As soon as I walked in Kevin was walking towards me to greet me with a hug. "Thank God for you." He said. He then saw the outfit that I had on and laughed. I looked at him and said "I was trying to get here quick, so I just threw something on." "Anyways, so where is my guy at?" He then told me to head to the practice court.

Once I got there I saw Darius grabbing one of the basketballs that had flew across the court when it missed the basket. As I entered the practice court the door squeaked which made Darius turn and look up. He then said "Hiya baby! I didn't know you were stopping by today?" I said "Yeah, Kevin had texted me this morning and said that you weren't really your normal bubbly self. What's up?" He looked up at me with a disappointment and said "I've missed multiple free throw shots, dribble passes, and when I tried to do a layup I felt more tightness in my back." After hearing all of that I felt so bad for him. I then bent down to him and wrapped him in a tight hug.

After a few minutes of us just hugging I spoke up and said "I'm sorry that you are having a bad day." He leaned out of our embrace and then kissed my forehead before responding with "it's okay, you made it better!" I thought to myself "I guess Kevin was right." Darius then said that he was going to go back out to the training room where some of the other players were so he could get some more practice in. They only had about an hour and a half left of practice anyways. Darius then said "thank you for coming today baby cakes. I really needed that. You and your good vibes will always make me feel better."

A/N: My first ever NBA imagine! It was so fun to write, I haven't watched the NBA in a while so this really makes me want to get back into watching it. Hope that you all enjoyed it. SEND REQUESTS!!!