How I Met Your Father ~Joe Burrow (Cincinnati Bengals/NFL)

Request for joeyschick

Joe's Point of View
Well today is the day folks I am finally meeting my girlfriend's dad. My girlfriend and I are heading to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game tonight, so she wants me to come over and eat lunch with her and her family before we head out to the game. I'm not even gonna lie y'all I am so nervous; and for me to be nervous that's saying something I mean I play big time NFL games every Sunday.

After I was dressed and ready I sent a text to my girlfriend to let her know that I was going to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few things before coming over to her house.

Joey B: Hey babe! I'm stopping by the grocery store real quick. I'm going to grab some kind of small dessert for us.

Y/N: Hey handsome! Aww that is so sweet. You don't have to stop if you don't want to.

Joey B: It's alright. I wanted to stop and find something for us all to enjoy before you and I head out to the game.

Y/N: Thank you! I am so excited. My dad is looking forward to meeting you today.

After texting with her for a few more minutes I finally left my house to head to the grocery store. Once I got there I got a small basket to use. I went straight over to the floral department so I could see what flowers they had. I couldn't decide between 2 bouquets one was red roses and the other one was yellow sunflowers. Y/N loves both kinds of flowers, but I think I'll pick the sunflowers! Once that was done I quickly headed to the bakery to look at all of the sweet treats that they had on display. I ended up picking some yummy chocolate chip double doozy cookies. I placed the cookies in my basket and then made my way to the checkout. I used the self checkout because I did not want to be late to y/n's house. If I show up late then that will leave a bad impression of me and I definitely don't want that.

                              —Time Jump—
I made it to y/n's house with plenty of time to spare. I made sure it was okay with y/n first before parking in the driveway; some people are funny about that you know? Once I parked I grabbed the groceries then made my way to the front door. I held the sunflowers behind me while the other bag with the cookies was hanging on my arm. I rang the doorbell then stood back some while I waited for someone to answer. My girlfriend y/n immediately answered the door and said "hey good looking. I'm so happy you are here. Come on in." Once I came through the door she pulled me in for a hug. After she let go I said "oh I have something for you baby." I then pulled the flowers from around my back upfront and gave them to her.

"Oh my goodness these are beautiful. You are so sweet Joe. Thank you for these." She said. I smiled then said "I had to get my beautiful girl some beautiful flowers. You are very welcome. I am so glad that you like them." I followed behind her to the kitchen to set the cookies down while she put the sunflowers into a vase. She said her dad was outside cooking on the grill for us. After she finished she made myself and herself a nice cold cup of lemonade before we headed outside to see her dad. Once we got outside she yelled and said "hey dad. I have someone special that I would like for you to meet." Her dad looked up from the grill and then slowly closed the lid before coming over to us.

"Well you must be Joe. I have heard so much about you already. My name is y/d/n." He then stuck out his hand for me to shake. I extended my hand out to shake his while I said "yes sir I am. It is so nice to meet you." After our little introduction was done he told us to go and relax while he finished up cooking the hamburgers and hotdogs. Y/N grabbed my hand and led me over to where they had a hammock set up. We both sat down on the hammock beside one another; while we sat there I leaned in a little bit and placed a kiss to her cheek. I could tell her cheeks were getting a touch red after I did that. It was honestly really cute in my opinion. Y/N and I sat and talked for a few minutes before we heard her dad yell "c'mon kids the food is ready."

Once we got settled at the table I was sitting next to y/n and her dad sat across from us. As we ate we made some small talk before her dad began asking all the hard questions. "Where did you and my daughter meet?" "How long have the two of you been seeing one another?" "What college football team do you cheer for on the weekends?" I cleared my throat before answering his questions. "Y/N and I met when I was scheduled to come and read to her Kindergarten class at the local elementary school." "We have been seeing each other for only about 2 months now." "I will always cheer for both teams that I played for in college. Those teams are Ohio State and LSU." After I answered the questions for y/n's dad he simply nodded his head before saying "well honey I think that you have picked a great guy."

—Time Jump—
It was finally time to head to the Reds game. I got the call a few days ago that I would be throwing out the first pitch in the game today. Once y/n had everything that she needed we were ready to go. As we told her dad bye he gave me a handshake before pulling me into a hug and saying "it was so nice to meet you today. You are more than welcome to come back over anytime. Thank you for making my girl so happy."

A/N: Okay this one was so cute and fun to write

A/N: Okay this one was so cute and fun to write. This has so put me in the mood for football season. Mr. Joseph Burrow is quite the catch 😍😉.Hope that you enjoy this! Don't forget to comment, vote, and keep requesting more.