Y/N winced in his sleep. His hands shook slightly, and he began to squirm. Bokuto noticed this and grabbed ahold of Y/N's hand. Y/N seemed to calm down from the small gesture. 

Bokuto, on the other hand, was stressed out of his mind. His mother was taking longer to get home than she should have, and he was now worried about Y/N and Taguchi too. Their actions and behaviors seemed to make a lot more sense now that he knew about their past. 

Y/N had become reserved and quiet, while Taguchi had gone the complete other direction, not knowing how to handle his emotions, so he lashed out on other people. Bokuto felt bad for the twins, but he couldn't do anything to change the past. 

One part of their conversation seemed to stick in Bokuto's mind. 

"Y/N likes you a lot. In all honesty it's the first time he's liked something in a while. Just don't screw it up, okay? I know that I need to fix stuff with him, but I feel like I need to get myself together before I can do anything like that. So just keep him happy for me until then, okay?" 

Bokuto sighed, all of these things seemed so complicated, and Bokuto was not very good at handling complicated things to put it simply. 

Bokuto jumped slightly when he finally heard the door open and close. His mother rushed into the room and set her bags down, walking over to her son, who was sitting on the floor next to his injured friend. 

"Has he woken up at all?" His mother asked. 

Bokuto shook his head. 

"Alright, you said his brother was here, right? Could I speak with him?" Bokuto's mother asked calmly. 

"Yeah, I'd be happy to help out if I could." Taguchi walked into the room. 

"Ah, perfect, here, let's go into the other room." Ms Bokuto started walking into the other room, and Taguchi quickly followed behind her. 

"So, may I know your name?" She asked. 

"I'm Taguchi L/N. My brother is Y/N." Taguchi responded. 

"Alright then Taguchi, do you have any idea how your brother got injured?" Ms Bokuto asked. 

"It was-" Taguchi sighed. "It was our mother. She gets angry, then she gets drunk, and then she's drunk and angry and then she lashes out on either Y/N or I. Usually it's me, but I always leave before things get too bad. I guess Y/N couldn't get out before he got really hurt." Taguchi sighed again. "I just feel bad cuz Y/N has always known exactly how to treat wounds and injuries, but I'm completely useless when it comes to that. I guess I just got used to him doing most of the important stuff like that." 

"It's alright, don't worry about him, Taguchi, I'll take care of him for now." Ms Bokuto placed a gentle hand on Taguchi's shoulder, a soft smile on her lips. 

Meanwhile, Bokuto held onto Y/N's hand. "Please be okay..." He mumbled. 

Y/N shifted slightly in his sleep, before a small groan left him as he opened his eyes. Y/N felt Bokuto's grip on his hand, and he squeezed Bokuto's hand slightly. Bokuto's head quickly turned and he looked at Y/N.

"Y/N! You're okay!" Bokuto practically launched himself at Y/N, pulling him into a hug. 

"B-Bokuto-" Y/N stuttered, wincing a bit at his loud voice. "I- Where are we?" 

"We're at my place, do you not remember? I said that you could stay over here for a while. Oh, and are you feeling any better?" Bokuto asked. 

Y/N giggled, a cute smile across his lips. 

"What's so funny?" Bokuto asked, tilting his head.

"I- Oh- it's just that you remind me a bit of a great horned owl whenever you're confused or tilt your head like that, it's- it's cute." Y/N smiled, a light blush on his face. 

Bokuto blushed from ear to ear. "I- That's not important right now, just- are you feeling any better?" 

Y/N's smile quickly faded, his expressionless, monotonous facial expression returning. "I have a headache, and it just kind of hurts a bit... everywhere, I guess." 

"My mom came home, so she should hopefully be able to help patch you up. She's talking with Taguchi right now, but she should be back in a bit, okay?" Bokuto smiled. 

"Okay." Y/N said, resting his head gently on Bokuto's shoulder.

Bokuto rested his head atop Y/N's. A content sigh escaping him. His mother walked in not too long afterwards. 

Ms. Bokuto helped to clean out and bandage all of the various cuts on Y/N. She made idle chatter with Y/N, and she noticed Y/N's and Taguchi's differing personalities rather quickly. Ms. Bokuto also quickly noticed Kotaro's behavior around Y/N, and Y/N's behavior around Kotaro. 

Ms. Bokuto smiled. She thought that the two boys would make quite the couple.