6.

Eddie couldn't believe it. He'd been helping part of the group they'd come in with to get sorted out before he and Buck were going to head out to continue the search. Hopefully before Bobby caught them.

The list hadn't had Christopher's name on it. It hadn't had Eva's on it either. He'd given the nurse the school's number and told her that they could contact them with anyone who came in from the school.

Then amongst the din, an unfamiliar voice had called their names. A woman was standing across the room and they could barely see her, but the order she gave to head over towards her brokered no arguments.

And then Christopher was with her. Hurt but alive, and Eddie felt like he could breath again for the first time ever.

Gracias a Dios. I'm never letting this kid out of my sight again.

Now they were standing with Lena Bosko, who was another miracle reappearance of the day, as the three kids were checked out.

"So, do I even want to know what happened?" He asked giving her a sideways glance. Buck perked up next to him clearly wanting to know the story.

"Absolutely you do." Bosko said, "you're kid, all three of them actually, are fucking heroes. No, seriously! I'm going to harass city hall until they give them a goddamn medal. From what I can tell Eva and Chris managed to get themselves on top of the 136's rig, they secured themselves with DIY rope harnesses, then they managed to pull Hassan out of the water. They raided the entire trucks worth of supplies and had already patched themselves up and set up camp up by the time I came floating by, and they pulled me up too."

"Holy shit." Buck breathed looking over at the kids. "You can't be serious."

"None of that first aid was me," she said gesturing over to the three, "I checked it over, obviously, but that was all them. Plus they helped more people on the way here. Seriously I was putting a tourniquet on this one guy and I turn around to check on them and, with their collective 4 working arms mind you, they are putting a splint on this man's broken leg. Correctly, too. I think I'm gonna quit, just let 7 year olds run the world. I can't top that." She grumbled the last part, but Eddie could tell she was proud of them.

"I don't even know what to say to that." Buck said he looked a bit taken aback.

"From what I can tell, it's thanks to you." She shrugged, "I think I've heard just about everything about you two, and all the stuff you've taught him about first aid and stuff. You guys raised a hero, you should be proud."

"We are," Eddie said, speaking for both of them, "I think we're just also in shock."

"Fair enough, I certainly didn't know what to make of it at first." She laughed, "sorry about any swear words they might've picked up by the way, the first time it was an accident, but then it was the only thing I could do to make them laugh."

"It's alright," Eddie grinned at her, "Chris has definitely picked up some Spanish ones from me."

Chris had apparently tuned into the adult's conversation in time to hear the last few comments.

"Mierda!" He crowed happily, grinning up at them.

"No! Chris!" Eddie said, "we did not need a demonstration, thank you!"

Buck had turned around to hide his laughter, but Eddie could see his shoulders shaking. He sighed. Bosko just grinned.

"You're invited to like every family dinner ever by the way." Eddie said looking over at her, "seriously, I bet my abuela and tía Pepa will adopt you on sight."

She just laughed more.

"Miss Lena! Can we invite my bisabuela and tía Pepa to the hurricane party! They make the best food!" Chris asked, and then the three kids were talking about plans for a hurricane party.