eight.

Minho got outside quicker than Jisung did, so he was now waiting in front of Jisung's house, feet kicking the pavement aimlessly as he glanced around Jisung's front yard. It was a pretty standard front yard, unkept and full of weeds. Minho couldn't say his yard looked any different. 

His mind raced as he tried to picture how tonight would go. He really didn't know much at all about Jisung, but he did know that he did not have a good track record of getting along with people. He just really really hoped he didn't fuck things up. 

He also didn't have a good track record of taking his time in catching feelings, either. So this could really go either way. 

Plus there was the fact that Chan and his crusty friends were gonna be there, so Minho definitely needed to make sure and avoid them. 

The the thought that was the most prevalent in the front of his head was the fact that he was about to hang out with Jisung- like really hang out with him, not just talk across windows. And he was terrified. 

He jumped a little when Jisung's front door opened, his heart beating faster than before. 

He watched in silence as Jisung stepped out of his house and shut the door behind him. 

Jisung was shorter than he was expecting. He was also slim, practically drowning in the light pink hoodie he was wearing. His yellow sneakers clashed miserably with his top- which was literally so cute, Minho was about to melt. 

He watched as Jisung took a hesitant step forward, a white cane in one of his hands. "Minho?" he asked quietly, nervously. 

"Yeah, I'm here," Minho replied quickly, his voice shaking with an embarrassing amount of nerves. 

Jisung sighed a little. "Okay." He walked forward, his cane tapping against the ground a few times to find the concrete steps down his front walkway until he had followed Minho's voice over to where the older boy was standing. 

"Hi," Minho whispered upon watching Jisung walk up to him. He cleared his throat, blushing a little. "Hi," he said again, louder, trying to weave some fake sort of confidence into his voice so he wouldn't give away just how nervous he was. 

"Hello," Jisung responded, and Minho smiled at the way Jisung didn't even attempt to hide the shy quaking from his own voice. 

"So..." Minho murmured. "Ready to- to go?" 

"Mhm." 

"Okay." Minho started to walk forward, then quickly stopped himself as he promptly realized that he couldn't just expect Jisung to follow him. 

He turned back around and watched as Jisung took one step forward, trying to follow the sound of Minho's steps. 

Minho walked back to him, shaking his head at his own negligence. He cleared his throat for the umpteenth time. "So . . . we could walk to the school if you want, since it's close enough, but we could also drive if you want. I have a car." 

Jisung shrugged. "Um, whatever, whatever you want." 

"No, I wanna do what you wanna do." 

Jisung's lips upturned just a little. "Okay, um, let's drive then. That would be a lot easier." 

"Okay. Can I, uh, take your hand? To lead you to the car?" 

Jisung blushed. "Mhm." He lifted his hand that wasn't holding the cane, holding his hand out for Minho to take. 

Minho coughed, cheeks heating up embarrassingly as he looked at Jisung's cute outstretched hand. Thank god Jisung was blind or Minho's pride would not be able to handle the fact that most of this conversation was just Minho being foolishly and disgustingly flustered. 

Minho wanted to puke because he could already feel himself crushing on this stupid adorable boy and he literally didn't know anything about him besides the fact that he had parents that everyone thought were creepy and he was blind and adorable and handsome and literally just the cutest. But besides that, nothing. 

Maybe it was just nerves. Maybe it wasn't a crush at all. 

Minho crossed his fingers behind his back just in case. 

He reached out with his other hand and hesitantly took Jisung's hand, watching with blushing cheeks as their fingers intertwined. 

Not to mention the fact that Jisung's hand was maddeningly soft. 

"Okay!" he said loudly, trying to startle himself out of whatever zone he was in right now. "My car's this way." He started walking, trying not to smile too much at how Jisung followed him with small steps. 

a/n three months later