Happy Birthday || Tyler x Reader

You patiently sat at the end of the couch next to Tyler, watching as Priya acted out a word in the game of charades. Patting your hands on your lap, you adverted your gaze to the door, waiting for a specific person to arrive.

Many other kids stood or sat in boredom as they also watched Priya. Out of everyone there, Miriam and Abby were the only ones taking part in the game.

"Uh, worm." Miriam assumed.

"Uh... Octopus!" Abby guessed.

"Spaghetti?"

"Killer robot!"

"Mortality." A gothic looking girl said monotonously, earning a smile from Priya.

"Hmm. Nice." She complimented, only to earn a collective groan from the bored people around them.

"Where's Mei?" You whispered to yourself, pulling your phone out of your pocket.

Checking the time on your phone, it said it was 7:18 pm and the party was supposed to start at 7:00. But Mei wasn't here.

"This sucks." A boy next to Miriam complained.

"Let's bail." His friend agreed, the both of them standing up and leaving.

"I knew she'd flake." Tyler grumbled, crossing his arms. But just then, the doorbell rang.

Suddenly, everyone's eyes lit up, their heads perking up at the sound of the bell.

"Panda girl!" A boy exclaimed.

Gasps were heard from all around as everyone gathered at the door. You could see the silhouette of Mei's familiar red panda form in the translucent part of the door.

"Guess she didn't flake." You smiled, elbowing the not so grumpy boy next to you.

Tyler only rolled his eyes, a small smile plastering onto his face. Standing up, he made his way to the door, everyone waiting impatiently in an excited chatter.

"Ugh. About time." He said, opening the door to reveal Mei in a red panda costume made of cardboard.

She stood there panting as she smiled awkwardly. Everyone, including you, stared at her with disappointment on their faces.

"Yo! What up, peeps?" She laughed nervously as she forced her way through the door and into the house.

"What are you wearing?" Tyler asked, his face scrunching up in anger and confusion.

"Hey, Tyler." Mei greeted, fixing the cardboard piece on her head as she turned around to face him. "Happy birthday."

"I'm paying for the red panda, not this garbage! Deal's off!" He declared, upset by the turn of events.

"Wait! Can garbage do this?" She asked, grunting as she danced awkwardly.

"Or this? Stir the porridge. Come on, guys! Stir the porridge." She continued to dance awkwardly before Miriam, Abby, and Priya pulled her away.

Tyler only rolled his eyes. A few of the people in the crowd stared at him disappointedly, considering leaving the lame party.

"Hey, I'm sorry your party didn't go the way you wanted it to." You told him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Whatever. It's not like it was your fault, (Y/N). You don't have to apologize." He sighed dejectedly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Removing your hand from his shoulder, you nodded and stood next to him. You then glanced over to Miriam, Abby, Priya, and Mei as they conversed.