French Kiss || Robaire x Reader

"Okay, from the top. Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." Robaire counted slowly, waiting for you to repeat them back to him.

There was a slight hesitation in your eyes, but you took in a deep breath and gave it your best shot. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."

"Good!" He grinned, continuing on with the lesson. "Again. Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."

You smiled at the confidence you gained from his compliment and repeated after him. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."

His face scrunched up at the slight mistake you made and quickly went to correct you. "Sept, huit, neuf."

Perhaps you were a little too confident in that last bit. You had gone this far without making a single mistake. And now that you did, your confidence had diminished.

Sighing dejectedly, you repeated after him. "Sept, huit, neuf."

"Sept, huit, neuf." He corrected once more, seeing as how you still didn't quite have it yet.

You shut your eyes and mustered up some more courage and confidence. "Sept, huit, neuf."

Opening one eye, you saw Robaire smile widely at you, clapping his hands together. He then moved his index fingers in a circular motion, telling you to switch.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine." You both said with smiles plastered on both of your faces.

"Much better today, (Y/N)!" Robaire commended, chuckling as he ruffled your hair. "You're improving."

A tiny giggle escaped your lips as you fixed your hair. "Oh, well, you know. I just have a really amazing teacher." You grinned, playfully punching him.

He let out a soft chuckle, rubbing the spot you punched him at. "Well, I don't know about that." He smiled nervously, scratching his cheek.

"Are you kidding? You're like the best teacher ever. It's only been, what, two weeks? And I'm already a pro." You beamed, having a pillow tossed at your face.

"Hey!" You laughed, throwing the pillow back at him. The both of you burst into fits of laughter before regaining your composures.

"Okay, I think you're good with numbers for now." He told you. Stopping to think for a second, he tapped his finger against his chin. "How about I teach you how to form sentences?"

"Really? Sentences already?" You asked, widening your eyes in disbelief.

"Yep, I think you're ready." He said, briefly placing his hand on your shoulder before taking it away.

Finally, the moment you've been waiting for! Robaire's been teaching you how to speak French for a few weeks now. But little did he know, you've been taking private classes without his knowing.

Although you've known him for a majority of your life, you had developed feelings for him over the past few months.

These feelings were dominant and strong, influencing your behavior and emotions towards him.

If anyone were to ask, you'd say it's very unhealthy how obsessed and attracted you were to him. You just wanted for him to be yours, no- you needed for him to be yours.

And what better way to ask him to be your boyfriend than in his house, during one of your tutor sessions, in French? You were confident enough that you could pull it off, but you weren't so confident if he felt the same way towards you.

What if he only saw you as a friend? Or worse, a sister? The thought of being friendzoned made you reconsider everything. You didn't want to ruin your friendship with him.