1. The Voice From My Past

Chapter One || The Voice From My Past

It was many years ago, but the memory of it still lingers, ever present in our lives. It lurks close behind us like our shadows.

I remember the stories. The headlines. The rumors. What people said. What she said.

I read them merely because I wanted some assurance that it happened. That it wasn't a dream. That it wasn't, what I thought at the time - a nightmare. A nightmare from which I begged to be awakened.

I remember the smoke and the terrorizing screams of men and women as they ran for their lives, hoping to escape the flames that threatened to devour them. And I remember the voice. No, not her voice. Not Christine Daaé's. No. His voice.

His voice seeped into my very core and sent me to places I have never been to before, and have never been to since. It seemed as if the entire opera house shone brighter and disappeared at the same time. Melting away at the beauty that was the voice.

His voice.

That night I felt as if my soul soared with his voice. And when he sent the chandelier to bring down everything and everyone he brought me down with it.

Him.

Le Fantôme de l'Opera.

___________________
Aaand my first attempt at a Phantom fanfiction has officially begun! Tell me what you guys think!

M. D.