All of the Flowers

February 14th, 1:55pm, London

Clay slowly lifted his hand to knock. He was shaking, his heart was beating concerningly fast and he was probably holding onto the flowers he got for George a bit too tightly, but he likely didn't even take notice of that.

After he finally brought up the nerves to knock on the wooden apartment door in front of him, the sound of footsteps echoed through the hallway followed by George opening the door and immediately pulling Clay into a tight hug.

"Hi", Clay chuckled, still a bit perplexed by George's kind of sudden attack. "Hi", George smiled at him before giving him a small peck on the lips. "Let's get these flowers and then I have a surprise for you, does that sound good, Georgie?" George nodded, taking the flowers from Clay's hand and walking into his apartment, Clay could hear him take a vase from his shelf and fill it with water before he came back outside shortly after, immediately taking Clay's hand in his and interlocking their fingers.

Clay decided that he liked the feeling of George's hand in his, he could definitely get used to the way the Brit's small hand fit so perfectly in his bigger one.

He led him out of the apartment building and they walked towards the city center together. Despite the cold February weather they decided to get some ice cream, which resulted in Clay laughing his ass off because of George complaining about the ice cream being too cold.

After their stop at the ice cream shop they spent the majority of the afternoon just walking around in London.

"Oh fuck-" Clay said when he checked the time on his phone "we've got 15 minutes to get to Francesco's Pizzeria". He grabbed George's hand and they started running, before George could even fully register what was going on.

About 10 minutes later they were standing in front of the restaurant, both panting heavily from running. Once they've both caught their breath, they walked into the restaurant, where they got seated at a table for two by a window.

They talked while waiting for their food, had some good laughs while eating their pizza and continued their conversation over some drinks afterwards.

"Hey, George?" Clay asked, clearly nervous. "Yes?" "Wanna do this again sometime soon?" "Depends, if we continued going out, would we be boyfriends?" George questioned. "Only if you want us to be" "Then we're definitely going out again, the sooner the better" George said, a wide grin plastered across his face.

A few drinks later, the bill payed by Clay despite George's protests, they walked out of the restaurant together, hands interlocked. They were walking back in the directions of their apartments while talking about everything and nothing.

"Clayyyy, can I stay at your place tonight? I don't wanna be alone at home" George asked once they were near his apartment, he was looking up at Clay with his best puppy impression, which he knew for a fact Clay couldn't resist. "Fine, but only because it's you", Clay replied, leaning down to kiss George.

Neither of them got much sleep that night, instead spending most of the night showering each other in affection and love-filled promises, whispered between soft, white sheets. They woke up in each other's arms the morning after, and George would have to wear turtlenecks or get some concealer if he was gonna use his facecam anytime soon.

A/N

Ngl I literally just keep forgetting to continue writing on this while also fighting the urge to put this on hold in favour of a Punznap 90s band/High school/skater au based on the story behind Smells Like Teen Spirit because I've been in my Punznap brainrot arc lately lmao please hold a gun to my head and force me to finish writing this first before I start writing anything new

But also tell me if you'd read that fic if I were to actually write it (and update it more regularly than this one lol)