38. Mental picture

It's getting late and Satori is tiring out from what ended up being an busy and emotional day.

She gets closer to Aomine while they are both still watching the shimmering waves.

"I'm gonna go to sleep." She says pulling down on his arm to kiss his cheek.

"Okay. I'm going too."

"You stay up with your friends. You haven't seen them in a while."

"That's okay. I'd rather go to bed with you." She smirks.

"I bet you would but I don't want them to blame me for spending less time with you. Stay. Please." She asks stroking his cheek which he keeps in its place before kissing her palm with a fond smile.

"Okay. I won't be long though." She smiles at his resolution and nods.

Walking by the comfy chairs where they have settled around the fire pit, she waves good night, wishing them a nice evening.

After getting changed into her pyjamas, she slips under the thin sheet as the nights are still warm and falls asleep quickly, tired of the day yet content of being here with Aomine.

It's morning when she feels a ray of sunshine passing through the blind that she didn't shut properly the night before. Leaning to grab her phone, she feels the weight of his arm over her waist making it a little harder to reach.

As his arm falls on the bed, she grabs her phone and sees 7.46am. It's early but she's desperate for a run this morning. She has never run on the beach and is keen to give it a go. It must be much harder because of the surface so it should be a decent work out. Her practical thoughts are interrupted by his humming.

"Mmmhh." He looks so cosy, she can't resist.

After putting her phone back on the bedside table, she turns to him and shuffles closer.

Squinting his eyes painfully, he sees her snuggling against him and opens his arms to welcome her back in his cosy nest of a chest.

"Morning." She whispers.

"Morning." He says with his sexiest raspy deep voice which is enough to throw chills down her spine.

His sleepy face is adorable, yet the strong hold he has on her has the opposite effect. She stares at him and gets lost for a minute in his beautiful traits as he falls asleep again.

He must have come to bed pretty late, as she didn't hear or feel him. She should let him rest as he's the one driving them back later today.

Waiting for a few minutes to see him completely gone, his bare chest rising peacefully, she pulls away very slowly, to make sure she doesn't wake him.

Once free, she gets changed, resets the blind to stop the light coming through and, after grabbing her trainers, phone, earphones and cap, she exits the room on her tiptoes.

The living room is dark and she crosses it to open the curtains, showing yet another glorious day. Sitting on the sofa, she puts her trainers on then goes to the kitchen to drink some water before setting off.

With her cap on, she puts her earbuds on and selects some music while opening the sliding door, letting a cool breeze whip her face, and a few rebel strands of hair tickle her nose.

Tucking her hair in properly, she's about to press play when she hears a noise behind her.

Surprised by the view, she softens.

"What are you doing up?" She asks Aomine, dressed in his shorts and sleeveless t-shirt.

"Going for a run." He grumbles, putting his sunglasses on, obviously not feeling great.