a flashback

Giyuu was very quiet but he had shown he cared. He was a lot kinder then Muzan in many ways, he was like his mother. When he smiled their was know way he wasn't Alya's son.

Kokushibou pov

Kenji was a mini Alya, I don't think he knew before the meeting that Alya was dead. Things changed after Alya died Muzan-sama became colder, he wasn't the best before but Alya was their to keep him calm.

flashback 

"Koku-san will you please go get kenji" Alya said with a kind smile as her eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "yes lady Alya" I said with a bow "Please not so formal I hate that so please" Alya didn't hate many things. She was a demon slayer but always gave mercy. She kiss kenji head and left with a smile after saying good bye to the rest of the upper moons. Who would have known that was the last time we would see her. word got to us quickly Alya was had sword in her chest and her last word broke us, "I hope my son knows a mother love will go even though death happy birthday kenji" and her kind soul allowed her to die with a smile. kenji went missing the next morning. We looked for mouths but nothing kenji was gone.

end of flashback

I looked at kenji the same smile, the same eyes, the same skin tone, and the same kind heart. When kenji came back in our life muzan change for the better he started treating us better. I knew he was being looked for but I knew that he wasn't treated the best by his fellow hashira the cuts on his wrist said it all. I know I was the only one to see them and he begged me to not tell anyone. Something he and Alya had in common was the hated when people saw them in pain or to see them cry. 

muzan pov 

I will not let anyone hurt kenji, I saw the cuts I'm shocked no one other than me and Kokushibo saw them. Kenji is just like Alya always hiding the sad emotions. Both Alya and kenji are human and even demons, sadness is a emotion that will need to be let out or it will slowly build up until you burst.