The Mark of Cain

After they had both taken off their makeup and fixed their hair they sat on Mary Wardwell's bed, they were in complete and utter bliss, that is until Lilith decided to talk.

"Zelda?"

"Yes deary"

"What condition is the snake in"

Zelda knew who she was talking about, but she didn't want to answer, however she also knew that Lilith was as, if not more, stubborn as she was, "He's not dead, instead he's in the dungeons at the academy and gets fed once a day"

"What if I told you that I have a friend who has experience in dealing with the Mark of Cain?"

"That would be fucking amazing, I want nothing more than to wring his neck out and see the life fade from his eyes."

"Well, I have a friend, her mom was saddled with it and they figured out how to distribute the mark between 6 people. And after that she kept researching the mark so that if something like that happened again, they could deal with it efficiently"

"That's amazing" Zelda had started pacing when Lilith first mentioned Blackwood, but she stopped and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know any way to get ahold of her except through summoning her, so if you want, I'll summon her, and you can go back to the mortuary and get changed"

"Yeah, that sounds good"

Zelda had decided to walk to the mortuary, when she got there, she couldn't see any lights, but she didn't feel like everyone was asleep, she opened the door very quietly only to see a single candle flickering at the dining room table.

"Hilda?" If it hadn't been drop dead quiet you wouldn't have heard her, even now Hilda had a hard time hearing her.

"Zelda, where have you been?" Hilda voice was accusatory, but it also held a fair amount of worry.

"I appreciate the worry, but I was just out, no need to send out a search party"

"Whose robe are you wearing?"

"What?"

"You do not own a green and black silk robe, so again I ask whose robe are you wearing?"

"It doesn't matter, I'm changing now, and the owner will get it back" When Zelda finished talking, she started walking up the stairs.

"So does the owner happen to be a pretty, brunette, blue eyed witch?"

That got her attention, Zelda turned around and walked back down the stairs, "How did you know that?"

"Please, you've been extra tolerant since that day on the beach, you know the one when you saved Mary Wardwell from drowning"

"I am bloody well aware of the beach day that you are referring to"

"It also doesn't help that you're kissing her in the open living room"

"You stepped on the creaky boards on purpose?"

"I-"

"I knew there was something going on, but I didn't think about it. I won't kill you now, but if you so much as hint to Sabrina or Ambrose, I will make you pay"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, I'm just happy that you're not alone"

"Well, I am too, but I have to get changed and then get back to her cottage"

"Well, I'll go to bed then, but please be back before Sabrina wakes up"

"I will be, but if I'm not tell her I woke up early and went to the academy"