Separating the Mark of Cain

"I don't know Zelds, but I want you to stay here while I go down to the dungeon"

"Lilith, that's not fair"

"I know honey, but if something goes wrong, I don't want you in the middle of it" She pressed a small kiss on her lips, when they parted Lilith grabbed Zelda's new athame.

"Be careful"

"Always darling" Lilith made her way down to Blackwood's cell, when she got there, she felt the pressure of the angel's magic radiating in the air. But then it all stopped, she went over to the door and saw Faustus slumped against the wall.

"I got it"

"I can see that, I have something of Zelda's, but I'd like to add someone else to the mix"

"Who?"

"Me, get that look off your face, being the mother of demons slows down my aging, but it doesn't stop it. However, the Mark of Cain will stop the Spellman's aging entirely, and if I want to be with Zelda, I think it's only fair that I won't die."

"That is completely understandable, what can you give me?"

"Will my blood work?"

"Yes," Esme waved her hand in front of her, and a bowl appeared, "I need you to put it in there"

So just like she was told, Lilith slit open her hand with Zelda's athame, when she was finished Esme told her to wipe the blood off of the athame and place it at the head of the star, "Why does Zelda get to be at the top?"

"Because, when I see you two together it reminds me of my marriage, and then I look at your eyes and see that if Zelda told you to go to hell and forget about all of them and never return you would oblige her to the very bane of your existence. And honestly, that's when I figured out that this wasn't a budding romance for you, you have been picturing being with this Spellman for decades, she literally owns you"

Zelda was sitting outside of the door where she couldn't be seen, hearing what Esme was saying about her made her wonder if Esme could hear what she felt. But what surprised her even more was what Lilith said in response, "Yeah, she does, but I can't bring myself to tell her that I never want to leave. Would it be too much to ask that she would think of how she wants to be proposed too, but then I wouldn't want her to think that I was invading on her privacy by snooping her thoughts"

Zelda sat against the wall and just thought of what they were saying, and then she got enveloped in her thoughts, Daydream: It was a beautiful day outside, everyone was at the table enjoying shepherd's pie with a side of green beans and bacon, Lilith was also there which made Zelda all the happier. When dinner was done Lilith took Zelda back to the spot they officially first met, that one day that seemed so far away on the beach. When they got there Zelda was blown away with how it looked, Lilith had set out a blanket with two candles, two glasses of wine, and one little, tiny box hidden behind the basket.

"Lilith what is all this?"

"This is our perfect first date"

"What do you mean, we've had plenty of dates"

"Zelda, I would hardly consider going down to hell and killing lucifer by ourselves classifies as a date"

"Your right, but you didn't have to do all this, I am a very simple woman to please"

"I know, but I wanted you to remember this night forever." Lilith pulled a dog whistle out of the tiny box and blew it, "That's why I did this" Vinegar Tom came running from out behind the changing stations.