Chap. Two

I soon realised I'd gotten all pretty for the sailor, for absolutely nothing.

I just had to screw it all up.

Oh well.

I messed up my silvery-purple hair, stained my dress, and made my way up.

On the way, I scraped my ankle, it hurt, but I think it made it more believable.

When I finally got up to the island, I started arguing with the judgemental part of my brain.

"Coral! What are you doing? Trying to befriend a victim!"

I just ignored it, my father wouldn't care anyway, he would just get Moana to take over my job.

I saw the ship, I tried to hide my excitement. I stood out and started calling for help.

"HELP ME! SOMEBODY! I'M STRANDED!"

Maybe a bit too dramatic, I mean, I don't know how humans act, not my fault.

I waved my hands. I finally caught the skippers eye.

She gently turned it around and started sailing towards me.

Finally the boat reached the island, she climbed down.

"Are you alright?"

Her accent was so soothing, I could listen to her talk all day.

I finally got a good glance at her, she looked a bit older than me, she had bright green eyes, a rich and dark brown colour as her hair, and she was wearing what you'd think your classic pirate wears, in red and black.

"well, not exactly."

"oh, do you wanna come on my boat? Maybe Danny can fix you up."

"yes! I mean- that would be nice."

"okay then, welcome aboard... What's you name?"

"Coral, yours?"

"Welcome to the Sunken Pearl, Coral! I'm Jodie."

She smiled, she was beautiful.

~~~~~

I almost tripped while entering her boat, but the grabbed both of my hands and held me up, we held eye contact.

I stared into her beautiful, emerald eyes.

"you gotta be more careful."

She said, I hardly noticed.

"Hello? Coral?"

"Oh- sorry- uhm- yeah okay."

I stuttered.

She giggled and let go of one of my hands, but kept the other one tight in her grip, she was guiding me somewhere.

"this, is basically the hospital of the boat, and this is the Danny I said about"

Danny was a scrawny looking boy, he looked around my age, maybe slightly younger, he had eyes the colour of coconuts, very shiney dirty blonde hair, it looked rather greasy, he was pale and had dark circles around his eyes, he wore again, what your classical pirate would wear, it was white and gold, but he didn't wear a hat.

"Hello."

Danny said, his voice sounded like he needed to clear his throat, which he had done before, yet it had done nothing for him.

"Hey Danny, can you help her? She told me her names Coral, looks like she's hurt her ankle. Maybe you could check if it's got infected too."

Jodie explained

"alright."

Danny said.

"just sit down here and I'll have a look"

Jodie let go of my hand and left the small cabin in the ship.

I sat down on a bench, Danny picked up his first-aid kit.

"so, what'd you scrape it on?"

"I got it stuck in between two rocks."

"'aight, where does it hurt the most"

"just there"

I pointed to the sides of my ankle.

"okay okay, I'll check if it's infected and then bandage it up"

He explained.

"thank you"

"it's not a problem"

Luckily, it wasn't infected, I mean, it probably wouldn't do much to affect me, I am a different species.

I left the cabin. Jodie was steering the ship, she told an older looking boy to take over.

"you look much better now, even tho I believe Danny didn't to do much. How'd you get stranded there anyway?"

Oh shoot! I didn't think of an excuse!