Chapter 16 - Aftermath

A/N: Tired. Very tired. So I've come to a decision, there with be two more chapters of this book, this one and chapter 17. And of course it is very wrong for me to leave this book without smut. So yknow read the warnings of the book, don't want ppl bitching at me and stuff.

(I apologize that the smut is short but uhh..yea q_q)

Enjoy nerds </3

---

Chapter 16 - Aftermath
Shinobu's POV/Third Person

-

I stepped into Mitsuri's house. Her strawberry scent was the first thing that came into mind. I almost smiled, but was too fidgety to. I flinched when Mitsuri closed the door. We were both nervous, I wasn't expecting to be at her house so soon..

"I'll go and make some tea if you'd like." Mitsuri said, trying hard not to sound excited. She was pleased that Shinobu wanted to come over. Almost happy even. Shinobu nodded, her poker face was attached. "Is there any you'd prefer?" Mitsuri said, as she stepped onto the kitchen door frame.

"I like black tea, but anything is fine with me." Shinobu said as she sat on Mitsuri's couch. Mitsuri smiled warmly and left Shinobu alone.

Shinobu sat there for a while. The minute felt like an hour..She then took out her phone. Tamayo..Shinobu thought as she looked

Shinobu hesitated, but did it. She decided to call Tamayo. Why? Shinobu didn't know, maybe it was for making up..did that even make sense anymore? Shinobu shook her head as the phone continued to ring.

Shinobu was spacing out before a familiar voice came over the phone. "Love, you okay?" Tamayo..God, this was killing Shinobu.

I could barley talk at this moment but did so. "Hey..I'm at Mitsuri's house." I muttered, hoping Tamayo heard me. She did. "Is something wrong there? Do you want me to come over or something?" Tamayo asked, concerned. I shook my head but then realized I wasn't talking to her in person. "No, everything is fine- I just-..Ah, nevermind Tamayo, sorry for disturbing you." Why did I call her? This really was driving her insane.

"Anytime, Kocho, love you." That would be the end of the usual conversation and Tamayo would hang up but.."Wait-!" Shinobu almost practically yelled. Tamayo stayed quiet on the line for a few seconds. "What is it? Are you alrig-"

"I love you too..Tamayo."

There was a pause. A long pause. It even worried Shinobu.

Suddenly, a laugh came over the phone.

"Wha- why are you laughing ? I'm serious! I love you, Tamayo!" I said, partly embarrassed that she was laughing. "Haha- nothing I just- You have to hang up the phone now! That's how it works, yknow I always hang up after I say that. It's you're turn now." Tamayo giggled. Was she serious? What a stupid thing to do. But..nonetheless, Shinobu couldn't say no to Tamayo.

"Alright, alright..Love you, Tamayo. I really do..Bye." Shinobu said gently. Then she hung up..Shinobu dared to think she felt better. She did. Why? Was that the first time she ever said I love you to Tamayo? If that was Shinobu mightve dropped dead right then and now.

Yet again, she had to make up with Mitsuri too..Speaking of Mitsuri, she walked in with tea a few minutes after. With tea. Shinobu loved tea.

"I had black tea! I was surprised, I'm not usually the type. Maybe my older sister left it there to keep or something. But she moved out so she won't mind." Mitsuri said, sort of awkwardly. Shinobu picked up her cup and stared into the tea..Watching her reflection. What was she going to say to Mitsuri? Sorry? No, she already said that..Now what? Why was she here in the first place?..Everything kind of went blank.