James Potter: Eating Disorders (ED) p.1

(Fluffy angst. Y/N Malfoy AU. Anorexia based oneshot.)

The Marauders sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table, conversing loudly. You sat next to James, cuddling into his side while he was talking to Sirius about the upcoming Quidditch match. The boys finished their conversation and started to grab food from the table. There was a small plate in front of Y/N, sitting there empty. "Waf's wrog bun? Nof hungry?" James asked through a mouthful of food. Y/N sat up and looked at her loving boyfriend.

"No, I'm not hungry, deer." Y/N replied to James' question. The other Marauders laugh loudly. "Good one Malfoy!" Sirius exclaimed. "I thought we were on a first name basis, Black. Unless, of course, you would like me to refer to you as Lupin-Black?" The Marauders all laughed at the joke, knowing Remus and Sirius were dating.

Sirius looked at her and replied, "Okay, okay sorry Y/N. '' You smirked at him and cuddled back into James' side while he eats, his arm around your waist. James didn't worry about Y/N not eating, he assumed that you went down to the kitchens earlier. James assumed things like this very often. You see, Y/N didn't eat with the Marauders for most of their meals. The boys all assumed you grabbed food from the kitchens whenever you are hungry.

But the problem was, Y/N never did that. You skipped many of your meals, opting to instead lose weight for your loving boyfriend.Bullied for being 'overweight', you hated feeling anything less than perfect, though you only weighed a few pounds more than the ones who bullied you. However, James never thought of you as anything other than the perfect girl and the love of his life. No one knew, Y/N never told them. You knew it would break James' heart that you thought you weren't as good as the other girls.

You, in the middle of your thoughts, unknowingly pulled the sleeves of your large black hoodie down. James felt the movement and looked towards you, still chewing his chicken and potatoes. He raised an eyebrow at his girlfriend and she gave him a thumbs up. James gave Y/N a large grin, a piece of food falling into his lap with a plop. The girl scooted away from him in a hurry while the Marauder was still unaware what happened.

"Merlin, what'd I do to deserve that reaction?" Prongs questioned, feeling quite hurt. Sirius smirked at him and looked at Remus with a smile. Peter spoke up, "You dropped food into your lap. Nasty." James then hurried to grab a napkin to wipe off his Gryffindor robes.

You laughed at him slightly and he gave you a pouty frown in return. The other Marauders grinned at your boyfriend, knowing they all did this and are able to tease each other. Remus looked up at you from his seat across the table, putting his book down. He gave you a knowing look. You looked back at him in confusion, not understanding what the look was for. "Y/N, can we talk after dinner," the werewolf questioned.

You replied, "Of course Remmy, is something wrong?" He shook his head no as soon as the words left your mouth. James, Sirius, and Peter were all still talking about their eating habits, missing your conversation. He said, "Our dorm, yeah?" "Sure." You gave him a smile, while you only got a look in return. "Ravenclaw can't beat us! We have the best captain slash chaser ever!" Sirius exclaimed suddenly. James looked at him with a smile, thoughts still on how he embarrassed himself with his girlfriend. Y/N could see his expression, and how his smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

"You alright, Bambi?" James turned his head towards you as you scooted back towards him. Your wide y/e/c eyes looked up to his, curiously studying him. He smiled at you, and this time it was genuine. You smiled back, glee shown in your eyes. "Yeah love, was just embarrassing when you left me." James had a pouty lip, and you could tell it was the truth.

You looked concerned about his feelings and said "'m sorry. I didn't mean to make you embarrassed." The love of your life smiled at you, and shook his head. "It's fine Bunny. Don't worry." Your eyes looked into his, and your conscience was still there. It was so loud, yet you hid it from him.

(Time skip, after dinner)

Remus grabbed your left hand so the two of you wouldn't get separated. His grasp wasn't tight, but it was enough so that you stayed together through the large crowd. Children were all trying to rush from the Great Hall into their dormitories. Your nerves buzzed at all the people, but you kept the fear hidden. Mindless chatter was heard through the halls, but most had become accustomed to the noise.

It was still much louder than you would have liked, and you covered one of your ears with your free hand. The two of you walked from the Great Hall over to the portrait of the fruit bowl. Remus put his left hand forwards and tickled the beautifully green pear. It giggled and then suddenly transformed into the door handle. He opened the door and led you inside of the kitchens.

House Elves were still working on cleaning up the dinner mess from before. They all worked quickly and quietly, with a few of them pointing at you and Remus when you entered. A few of them rushed over, eager to please. One of the elves, Hokey, questioned, “Oh Master, how may Hokey serve you today?” Remus looked down at her and replied with, “Thank you Hokey, but we’re ok- actually, could you get me a plate from tonight's dinner?” She quickly nodded and walked off to grab a plate of food.

“Remmy, could you let go of my wrist please,” you asked the boy. He immediately let go and apologized. “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. Did I hurt you?” You looked at him with a smile, “Of course not, I’m fine.” He looked you up and down, kind of in a disbelieving way. “Are you sure,” the taller boy asked. You nodded, and then pointed at the seats by the counter. “Wanna sit down?”

He then said “Yes, it might be easier for us to talk about this while sitting down.” Your face moped into one of confusion. “It’s not bad, it’s just a… difficult subject to bring up.” Your fears were calmed, but only slightly. Had Remus started noticing something was going on? He pulled your chair out for you, and pushed it in when you sat down.

He went to sit in his own seat, looking in your direction. “Y/N, I can tell something is wrong. You aren’t eating, and you don’t look happy or healthy. We're worried about you." Who's we, you thought. He saw the puzzled look on your face and elaborated. "Me and the boys. Sirius started noticing the pattern, how you don't eat with us. "

Remus looked concerned, and you couldn't help but feel bad. You never meant to make anyone worried, just wanted to look pretty. You both sat there for a while, not saying anything. So, you finally decided what to say. "Don't know what you're talking about Remmy. 'M eating properly."

He looked at you, and then suddenly Padfoot and Prongs™ came into the kitchens. Hokey came back with a plate of food, and Remus thanked her. While the boys came and walked over, Remus pushed the plate of food in front of you. You quickly shook your head, but it was too late.

James came up and hugged you from behind, while Sirius stood closer to Remus. They all looked at you, worried for your health. "Remmy, I promise. I'm fine, so please don't worry," you begged your friend to drop it. The three boys looked at you skeptical, and your loving boyfriend tapped on the plate in front of you.

"Bunny, I really would like for you to eat. Can you do that for me?" The black-haired boy asked. You shook your head and replied, "I already ate dinner. I'm not hungry." He looked at you with a sad smile on his face. "We know you haven't eaten in almost a week.  Wanna talk about it?" Sirius asked gently.

You shook your head again. "There's nothing to talk about. Siriusly, I'm fine." You cracked a smile at the pun, but none of the boys did. Realization suddenly hit you at what this was. "Is this an intervention?" you questioned.

To be continued....

(Word count, 1458.)