V. GHOST

(CW: none, this is mostly filler! Enjoy!)

You couldn't make out where you were, or identify any surroundings. Everything was so bright, but so dark at the same time. Colors were dancing in and out of your hazed vision, and that was all you could see. You felt warm and comfortable, like you were laying out in the sun on a perfect summer day. You closed your eyes and let the feeling embrace you. Although you couldn't tell where you were, you weren't alarmed. You felt safe as you laid there in that mystery setting.

    In your bliss, you almost didn't notice the feeling of your hand being gently picked up by some outside entity. Your eyes shot open, searching for whoever had interrupted your peace. But you could only make out a blurry figure next to you being shrouded in the bright colors and light. Everything looked so fuzzy, you were surprised you could see the vague silhouette at all. You let the figure lift your hand to what you assumed to be their mouth, and you felt the softest impression of lips against your knuckles.

    "Shhh... it's alright, darling."

    That voice... you couldn't mistake that silky accent to be any other's than William. Your breath caught in your throat and you felt your confusion grow, but you couldn't bring yourself to move. He pressed several more feather-light kisses around your knuckles, trailing down to your fingers. You couldn't deny that the sensation was oddly comforting, and you found yourself melting into it. You could feel him bring himself closer to you, sitting close to you on whatever surface you were laid upon. He inched close enough to where the side of his hip almost met yours, facing the opposite direction so he was turned toward you.

    As he grew closer, your mind started to fill in his features. He seemed softer now, more pristine, like he was something not meant to be touched. Still, he held your hand close to him. He pressed his lips to your knuckles one last time before moving his careful grip to your wrist. His hands were cold, shocking your senses ever so slightly as they contrasted with the warmth of the atmosphere around you. It brought your mind even further away, pushing back all rational thoughts. You should be asking questions, you should be resisting. But you weren't.

    "Shhhh..." He hushed you once again, although you hadn't made a sound. You didn't care, it was all too calming. His grip moved your limp hand closer to him until it met his chest, where he inched his hand back up to yours to push it against him, locking it down to his form.

    "Can you feel it?" He asked delicately. You could. His heart was beating beneath his skin and bones, loud and frantic beneath your touch. It felt like it was speaking to you in some sort of poetic verse made only to enchant you.

    "This is what you do to me, y/n..." He breathed out. The words made your head spin and your skin feel tingly and fuzzy all throughout. It was euphoric. Your free hand searched for his unoccupied one, gripping it firmly once you found it. You brought it to your own chest, mimicking what he'd done to you. Your mind was blank, only focusing on this moment as your heart pumped thunderously under his hand that you'd anchored in place. You both stayed like that for a minute, feeling the blood course through each other's bodies and staring at each other's fogged features. His lips were parted, and you could hear the softest breaths tumbling through them. You'd never seen his eyes so calm, half-lidded and dark. Their roaring harshness was now a tender watercolor picture. It was certainly a sight to see.

    "You..." He whispered, his voice thick and sweet like molasses. The hand he'd held to your heart escaped your grip with ease and wandered up. His fingertips stopped to trace your collarbone lightly before stopping at the side of your warm neck. Your teeth caught your bottom lip in the quickest nervous bite as his fingers rested into place at the sensitive area. The feeling it gave you was sickening in the sweetest way, and it paralyzed you. The colors around you grew more intense, bubbling around as he inched himself closer to you.