The Cave Of The Dragon

A/N: I made a mistake of using Rowan's actual name which is Riah. One reason he didn't want his identity to be found out is because of his past, so his name for now is Rowan Whitestone.

The general smiled and hefted his sword at Rowan's face. "I reckoned so, rogue, but I'm afraid we'll have to cut our meeting short since I've got business. Goodbye then, Wandered," then he disappeared into the inky black darkness of the hallway. 
Rowan could hear the others swearing as the all ran to the dark hall, it's tunnel leading to whatever room, or hell it would lead them to. After a few minutes of running, cursing at their lack of plans (they were known for that mostly), the seven of them entered a room full of magical items, dragon stuff that Rowan didn't know what the fuck it would do once used, books of old and stories, and a life-size painting of a dragon with some human parts wearing a dress and showing its ass full front. Grog was having the time of his life with the painting, even Scanlan was laughing a bit. It was only when Pike told everyone there was a shitload of magical items causing over 100 gold coins that Vox Machina started looking at them greedily. Rowan sighed annoyingly as he made a complex gesture of his free hand that everyone snapped their heads to look at him. Everyone in the Gaia (Earth) knew what Dark Magic was and what vibes it gave to you. 

"Don't look at me as if I've grown three tits, assholes." He snarked. "I got dragged into politic mess, which was one thing I never signed up as a mercenary."

"Well, you did come with us at your own will," Vax replied.

He flipped the elf the bird, and focused on what he was doing. There was magic, yes, but the most of the energy came from the painting of the naked human dragon. Rowan walked up to the painting, setting his bag down, and touched the painting. It rippled, and his had wen through of the so called painting. Now this raised up questions that gnawed inside his mind. Was Kreig human? Did he have any allies? What deal did he give the dragon that they worked together?
Rowan sighed, and turned to face Vox Machina, who were arguing about having a plan, or at least try to work together.

"We fuck shit up, Vex!" Scanlan said to her.

"Can we at least try to work together for once?" Vex complained.

Rowan snorted. "Judging by how you guys work, that's be impossible. Now, if you're done, can we kill the motherfucker already?"

The half elf glared daggers at him, but nodded stiffly. Rowan dared to raise an eyebrow, gestured the group to follow him to the portrait. As soon as the mercenary immersed his while body in the portrait, a weird sensation fell over him. It sort of clouded Rowan's mind. It didn't take long for them to arrive in the place deep in the mountains. Mist hung in the air

"Is that gold?!" Scanlan's eyes were wide open with joy.

"It is!" Vex chimed in, and slid down the cavern ramp. "GOLD!" Pike, Grog, and Keyleth whooped, and joined the others

Rowan stopped Percy and Vax just in time before yelling. "Stop it you dumb fucks! This gold didn't fall out of the fucking sky!"

This seemed to snap everyone's sense of reality back to place, and Rowan scanned the cave with alerted awareness. "This is the dragon's horse, assholes."

"Stop insulting us as if we're a bunch of dickheads," Percy growled.

Rowan clicked his tongue, and pulled the man close to him. Lush green eyes stared tauntingly at him. "I will. Once I deemed fit so, Percy."

Vax separated the two mercenaries. "We'll start a fight later, you two---!"

They heard a loud boom, and each head turned to the person who caused this disturbance. Vex was scolding Keyleth, who was apologizing profusely to her. Rowan sighed, and parkoured his way over to the rubble.

"I'm surprised you lot survived! It's not everyday a group live to tell the tale of the mighty Brimscythe!" A familiar voice yelled from up above.

"Kreig," he muttered angrily. The bastard wouldn't just give up would he? "What the fuck do you want now?"

Kreig laughed. A laugh that you know shit is about to go down. "You know, there was once a time where dragons ruled Tal'Dorie. A time where we roamed this very kingdom!"