Chapter 9

Hahahaha, this is about you.
Beware, beware.
Be sceptical of their smiles, their smiles of plated gold.
Deceit, so natural.
But a wolf in sheep's clothing is more than a warning.
'Bah bah Black sheep, have you any soul?'
'No Sir, by the way, what the hell are morals?'
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.
Jill's a little whore and her alibis are dirty tricks.
So could you tell me how you're sleeping easy, how you're only thinking of yourself?
Show me how you justify telling all your lies like second nature.

After Lucifer and Heidi left the remaining four stood in silence they heard a shout, "Guards!"
Jaxon and Brazen stood closest to the cell door and they're greeted by the sight of a certain someone, "Hi doc!"

"Come on Rowley. Evaluation and medication time."

Brazen opens the door and walks out before giving the little doctor a look that says 'move your ass doc'. He doesn't know what the evaluation is but he is intrigued to find out. They make their way to the little doctor's office and he's guided to the table like every other time. For the past few weeks, this has happened but something feels different this time. "Zen? Come back."
Brazen realises he was thinking too much and quickly snaps out of it, focusing on the smaller male who handed him his meds. Brazen quickly swallows them and starts talking, "So, I heard something about an 'evaluation'. What is it?"
The doc tilts his head, "No one told you? In court you get evaluated and when you come here, you get a four or five week trial period before you're re-evaluated. It shows us if you are improving and if you can ever have the hope to be transferred to a 'normal' prison. It also shows what we need to have in place to keep you and others...safe."
Brazen scoffs at the naivety, "I don't think you know this... but none of us actually got a real trial. In fact, me and my little brother didn't have one at all."

"... But the files say-"

"Those files are fake, the public demanded that we were sentenced to Ashgate and the court did so, without a trial. Fucked up or what?"
Brazen laughs as he sees his little doctor's horrified expression. He waits patiently for the man to snap out of it, "Doc? You still here?"
The doctor looks Brazen in the eyes, "I- I'm sorry."
"Don't be, you didn't get me put in here."
"Anyway, I'm going to ask questions and you will have to answer them, okay?" He sees Brazen nod and starts the evaluation,
"What happened that night? The night you and your brother killed those five people?"

Fuck... what do I say? I can't say the whole truth. Oh that's it.

Brazen hesitates before shaking his head and answering, "They... they started to beat my brother, Finn. They beat us often, yelled insults, used us as slaves. The only difference was that I stopped taking my meds. I just felt this overwhelming rush of rage and lost it. I attacked them and my brother eventually started to help me. I made mice eat their way through our father's body, I burnt our step-mother alive, Finn stabbed one brother to death and threw another down the stairs. I smashed the other one's head in."
"...Do you regret anything about that night?"
"No. No, I don't. Well, actually, I regret not doing it sooner. They deserved everything they got; they deserve worse than what they got!"
"Did you love any of them?"
"I loved my mother but she's dead. I hated our step-mother and her little bastards from the start. Our father... I did love him once, he wasn't always a bad man. He was like every other guy in the world, but he then lost his way. We didn't just lose one parent when she died. A part of him died that night too."
"Would you ever do it again? Kill someone?"
"Honestly? Yes. I would. If they deserve it then I wouldn't hold back."
"On a scale from one to ten, how angry do you get on a day to day basis?"
"About... a seven? Maybe five and a half on a good day?"
"Okay, Do you imagine ways to hurt people in front of you? If so, how would you do it and how often?"
"Yeah, not always. It'd be small things like wondering what would hurt them. Like grabbing one of your pencils and shoving it into your eye. But don't worry doc, I won't kill you, I like you."
The doctor gulps but feels a shiver run down his spine, "Do you think that you're a danger to others and yourself?"
Brazen narrows his eyes in thought, "To others, yes. Not too sure about myself. I wouldn't harm myself, I'd get others to do it. Like that guard on the transport van... But I guess that's a yes in a way?"
"If you were on a plane and it was falling from the sky, oxygen masks were dropped and everything. There's only one left. There's a newborn baby/child that was abandoned next to you that needs it too. Would you take the oxygen or give it to the child?"
"Well, I'd have a few breaths so I could concentrate, as lack of oxygen would affect the way I function, then I'd give it to the child when I know I'd be able to focus."
The doctor sighs in annoyance, "Fuck."

Oops?

"What's up doc?"
The tiny man was speechless as he came to a realisation, "You-... I-... There's no way that they're gonna let someone like you out. You're proud of harming your family, you wouldn't change anything except the time you did it, you don't care how this affects others, you always put yourself as top priority... Oh my god, you're hopeless."
Brazen has the audacity to look taken aback and offended, "Hey! I had my reasons."
The doctor shakes his head in disappointment, "... Oh and you see your actions as justified and would happily repeat the process on anyone you see that 'deserves it'."
Brazen just gives him a look, "So?...What does this mean?"
"You. You, my dear, are stuck in Ashgate for life. They could decide to put you on death row if they wished. The public and government would get anyone in Ashgate placed on death row, happily too!"
Brazen just laughs and they talk a bit more on how he's being treated by staff and other inmates before the guards barge in to escort him back to his cell.
"Give us two more minutes. I'm not done yet."

The guards made no move to leave and it was a sight to see; the small little doctor was glaring up at the large guards, "These sessions are confidential. You're nothing but a guard and have no right to be in here during these sessions."
The guard huffs before leaving, signaling the others to follow.

"What's left to talk about Do-"

Brazen is cut off as the small doctor grabs him by the collar and places his mouth against his softly. Brazen finds himself kissing back but pulls away as the guards knock, "Your session is scheduled to end now, you've got another patient by the name Finn Rowley from third level to see."

...My little brother? These fucking cock-blocks too.

"See ya later, doc." Brazen leaves and gets escorted by the guards, passing his little brother on the way. They make eye contact as they brush shoulders, Brazen gives his signature smirk as he's dragged away.