Chapter 10

You hit me like a riptide, but I never notice 'cause you always kept it under disguise.
Lifted up the curtain, let me see what was on the inside.
All of the lies and deceit.
An ugly mess you created in me, something you knew I could never clean.
I'll handle it someday.
So hit me with a riptide, if that's the way you wanna say goodbye.
My angers been on standby.
So hit me with, hit me with the riptide.

When Brazen got back to the cell, he was greeted by the sight of two very angry, intimidating men. Heidi and Lucifer stood with their arms crossed, "Where were you?"
Brazen looks at Jaxon and furrows his brows at him, the only response he gets is a glare and a shrug.
"The doc took me to get my meds and 'evaluation' which I failed by the way. Now, I'm apparently stuck here for life."
Brazen walks over to the corner he claimed and Leon instantly goes to his side, cuddling into him. He looks down at the small blonde in his side, "What happened while I was gone? Anyone dead yet?"
Lucifer gives a blank look, "No. Not yet. We found out who hired the three to attack Archie. Man goes by the name 'Paris Grey', when I get my hands on him, he'll beg for death."
Brazen knew he wasn't joking and started thinking,

Who the fuck is Paris Grey?

Brazen doesn't care much for names, so he never asked anyone. He only knows their names because they share a cell. The rest of the night is filled with chatter from the others while Brazen sat aside with Leon. "What did you and the doctor talk about?"
"We just spent time catching up, He asked questions for my evaluation and I failed it. He also made sure that I took my meds before the guards escorted me back here."
Leon slowly drifted off and started snoring lightly, the others followed his lead. Brazen just looked over at everyone, they seemed so at peace here together. He began to think about his relationship with them, Archie's a cute little fluff ball that makes everyone buzz with happiness, Leon is the mother hen of the group, Heidi's just that overprotective one that has to look out for everyone, Jaxon's the most acknowledging, he picks up on everything and makes sure everything runs smoothly, Lucifer's the most dominant and possessive, he's extremely overbearing but he cares for them. Brazen begins to notice that he cares for them- no, he loves them. He loves each of them for their own personality and mannerisms, though he can't help but think about the doctor. That small little doctor always gives off an odd vibe, but that's probably due to him liking Brazen. His cute brown curls, his wide innocent blue eyes laced with mischief, his feminine figure, everything about that doctor drew Brazen to him. Brazen realises that he wishes to see the doctor again, he wishes to know how far this will go before it blows up in everyone's faces. He falls asleep to Leon's soft breath brushing against his neck and the sounds of the other inmates yelling at the guards down the hall.

The next morning, everyone is awoken to the sound of alarms going off and the cell doors locking in place. Brazen and the others jump up and watch as the seventh level inmates yell and cheer.
None of the royals seem to know what's happening and Lucifer has enough of being kept in the dark, "HEY!! What the fuck is going on!?"
An inmate on the other side of the room yells back,"SOME KID FROM PSYCH ESCAPED AND IS CURRENTLY ROAMING THE HALLS!!! KID CLAIMS THAT HE'S LOOKING FOR SOME KID CALLED FINN ROWLEY!!"
When Brazen hears that his temperature shoots up and his blood boils, he uses his anger and starts slamming against the cell door. The hinges rattle as the wall crumbles. After a few minutes Brazen backs up and delivers a powerful kick to the cell and it flies across the room, crashing into the opposite cell full of his rapists. Brazen's honey brown eyes fade to black as he stalks up to the guards. The guards pull out their batons... Any other day, Brazen would happily take up the challenge, "I'm not going after you. Tell me where the damn psycho kid is so I can stop him. Better losing an inmate than a guard right?"
The guards looked at each other before facing him once more, "You got a death wish mate? Why do you wish to do that for?"
Brazen just huffs at them, clenching his fists, "No. I don't have a death wish. But that filthy maggot is going after my little brother. NOW LET ME THE FUCK OFF THIS LEVEL!!"
The guards quickly move out of the rampaging inmate's way as he marches right to the elevator, "Which level is he on?"