Distant || 15

continuation to "that night" on demand

__

aera hurries down the stairs, holding her roller skates in her hands and a small bag pack on her back as she tries to sneak away without catching anybody's attention.

the morning itself wasn't that pleasant when the rest of the boys came to know about what happened last night and how jungkook left the house. even though aera hated this and wanted to change things from how they are, all her attempts were going in vain. the elders just wouldn't listen to her and quiet her down claiming that she's young and has less understanding of right and wrong.

all she wanted was jungkook back and jimin to make up with him.

but the elders believed she was just a child who didn't see all aspects of the situation which is why she could favour jungkook over everything. she knew they were wrong with this conclusion about her and even jungkook's, because she remembered clearly that jimin didn't hear him out. in spite of always telling aera to not judge anyone or anything without knowing the full thing, jimin himself was making the exact mistake of judging the younger brother without even knowing what happened with him.

aera couldn't even hug jungkook or tell him that she loves him and was waiting for him to come back from his party. she knew he wouldn't do anything wrong on purpose or to hurt anyone. her brother is not a bad guy, and she had to see him no matter what.

so she ventures out, sighing in relief once she's reached the main door and sits on the last step, putting on her roller skates that would help her find jungkook without getting that tired.

"aera?" yoongi's voice calls from inside, giving her a mini panic attack as she ducks down quickly shifting behind the bushes by the driveway and shuts her eyes, praying god to let her get away without anyone noticing. "where are you kiddo?"

she keeps quiet, focusing on securing her skates on her feet and nods firmly, peeking her head slowly to check if yoongi left or not. on not seeing him there, a sigh of relief heaves out of her lips, standing up as she dusts herself off, almost skating away when a hand catches her onto place by her bag pack.

"ah ah! ouch..." she mumbles, falling on her butt, gradually lifting her head up with a pout to find yoongi standing there with a questioning gaze and his hands on his hips, "appa... i- i was going out to get snacks, i'm hungry,"

"there are snacks at home," he lets her know.

she laughs nervously, "i was joking, i wanted to see some birdies in the park,"

"birdies...?"

"yeah," she nods, "i should go, or the birdies will go home and it'll get late. and i've to come back before the curfew y'know?"

"aera," yoongi sighs deeply, massaging his temples and crouches down as she's still sitting on the cemented pavement, "where were you going?"

"to see the birdies and take pictures of them," she says more confidently this time and turns to pount at her bag, "i've bread for them too, you wanna see?"

"yeah, show me," yoongi plays along, making her gulp thickly as she didn't think he would actually ask her to show him the bread for all she had seen in t.v. was people falling for that question and confidence, never really asking for real proof. "show me," he repeats and watches her clutching the straps of the bag tightly.

"i forgot to take the bread i think..." she laughs again, shaking her head at her silliness and stands up, "don't worry appa, i'll buy some on the way."

"don't try to fool me, aera. you're not going anywhere."

"what's going on?" jimin comes out too, crossing his arms as he finds aera with a bag and yoongi telling her to come inside. "where are you going?"