I Love Noodles

"Your total is $6.99."

"PAAAHAHHHHAHAHH." You snorted. Your cashier's head snapped up at your sudden outburst. It took him a moment to figure out what your deal was, but once he'd figured it out, his resting bitch face became more bitchy as his frown only tugged downwards more.

You covered your mouth with your hand, surprised about your own sudden loudness. "I am so sorry." You slammed a ten on the counter, grabbed your drinks, and ran out of the store.

"Yo, yo, slow down," Reko said as you rushed out of the store. You'd gone so fast that you almost ran into the busy parking lot. "What's got you in a rush?"

"So the total was $6.99, right-?"

"Oh my god."

"And I snorted. Except it was more like a scream."

"Now," Reko's eyebrows raised in confusion, "How the fuck do you scream snort?"

"I don't know. But it was so embarrassing. And the cashier was..."

"Were they cute?"

"Really cute."

"Shit, lemme check 'em out."

She tried to move around you into the store, but you held your hand out to block her. "Not a chick."

"Oh. Then, gross."

"Don't be rude. Take this." You handed Reko her drink and she immediately cracked it open. "I think he's new. I've only seen him one other time."

"What's he look like?"

"He has teal hair, and he wears this dark green beanie-"

"I'm done." Reko spun around and walked away from you mid-sentence.

"Hello?!" You ran to catch up to her. You cracked open your own drink, careful not to drop the third drink you bought, as you both walked beside each other.

"Did you get Beanie's name?"

"No."

"Great. I'm gonna call him Beanie Guy until you figure it out."

"Oh, fantaaaastic." You replied sarcastically.

The two of you walked in silence for a few minutes. "Oh." You said, sipping your drink.

"Ha?"

"I accidentally gave him a ten."

"You gave him an extra three dollars and a singular cent? In this economy?!?!"

"I know. How terrible of me. How will I, a lowly college student slash restaurant server person survive with three dollars and one cent less in my pocket? Cashiers at convenience stores never give you the coins anyway. It's all a scam." You rolled your eyes.

"You're supposed to grab 'em yourself, Y/N," Reko said. "The cent dispenser juts away from the cashier and towards the customer for a reason."

"Sorry, I just refuse to stick my hand in that nasty thing."

"FUCK!" You heard when Reko opened the door to your home.

"Oh no. Alice is raging again." You said, setting your bag on the floor. "I think he needs his Monster." You kicked off your shoes and walked upstairs to Alice's room.

You knocked once, then opened the door, not caring to wait for permission to enter. "Take." You said, holding his drink out to him.

"Wow, I love Pipeline Punch."

"Fruity."

"You are literally holding the same drink."

"That is not my problem."