Just Simply Not Sure

"So here's the thing," Reko said. She sat you down at the kitchen table and handed you a cup of... milk. "Nao asked me out... on a date... to an expensive restaurant."

"Congratulations." You said, taking a sip of the white liquid (lmaoooo).

"Shut up." Reko stared at you in silence for a moment before continuing. "In a moment of... fear, I suggested... that we make it... a double date."

You stared at her.

"And she was all like..." Reko cleared her throat, then said in a higher-pitched voice, "Oh? Who would be the other couple, then? And me, being the... amazing... roommate and friend I am... suggested..." Reko paused and stared at you for dramatic effect, "That you... and... y'know... your string bean boyfriend... go with us."

"What?"

"I know! I'm such a good friend, aren't I?" Reko smiled as she took a drink of... probably just more milk. Thanks, Alice.

"Even if I were to agree to go on this double date... You don't know Shin. How do you know he will agree?"

"Because you're gonna persuade him! He's your bitch! He loves you. If you just explain to him that it's for the sake of your dear, dear, lesbian friend, I'm sure he'd... find it in his heart... to just... not be homophobic."

"Nothing you're saying is making sense."

"Call him."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, "Pardon?"

"Call him! Do it."

"He's working."

"Don't care, did not ask. Call him."

You pulled your phone out of your pocket and dialed his phone number, not breaking eye contact with Reko.

"Put it on speaker," Reko instructed.

"You piece of shit." You replied.

"Huh? I just answered. How have I already done something wrong?" Shin's voice came through.

"What? No. Not you. I was talking to my roommate. You're at work right?"

"...Yeah."

"Okay. Are you busy, or are you free to talk for a minute?"

"Always busy when it comes to you."

"Okay, great— wait, what?"

Shin laughed, and Reko saw how flustered you looked. "I'm just kidding. What's up?"

"Okay, so... basically, Reko, y'know, my roommate, she's super gay."

"WHAT?!" Reko shouted, standing up from her seat.

"Your highness, he already knows, and if he didn't, he would've ended up finding out." You said to her, "So, as I was saying, she's going on a date with this girl, but they were wondering if..." You paused. You only then realized how awkward this conversation was going to be. And if he said yes, you were worried that it would be an awkward date.

Shin was silent as he waited for you to continue.

"She wants us to like... accompany them. Like a double date." You finally said. "You don't have to if you're uncomfortable or busy, of course, but, like..."

"Oh my god, give me that." Reko leaned over the table and snatched your phone. "Hey, kid. It's Reko. The date is tomorrow and we're going to that one restaurant next to Y/N's place of work. Y'know where that is, right? I know you do. If ya say no then Y/N is going to cry. You don't have to see it as a date if you hate them or whatever. Nao and I will pay for it if that's what it takes to convince ya."