t w e n t y - s i x

[A/N]: Apparently I cannot update this Tuesday so I dropped it today instead.

JUNGWON's POV

''I'll just go and find Sunoo then we---''

''No. Stay. We have already planned the night. Nothing's getting canceled.'' Jay cut me. I rather scratched my head because this is family matters and I shouldn't be here but Jay hyung doesn't want to let go of my hand.

''It's fine, you can stay. It's not going to be long anyway.'' The woman showed a reassuring smile. I didn't like arguing with adults so now I can't do anything than to sit down.

''What do you want from me?'' Jay coldly asked as soon as we sat down the sofa in the living room, facing this woman who claimed to be my mate's mother. I slightly nudged Jay hyung for his disrespectful approach. Then I heard him clear his throat, sign that he understood me so he sat properly as he was waiting for his 'mother's' reply.

''I'm here to beg your forgiveness, Jay. It was so cruel of me to leave my own son. Please, Jay. Please give me another chance.'' She got on her knees and clasped her palms together. But Jay hyung doesn't seem convinced.

''W-why? Why did you l-left us then? If you knew that it was c-cruel then why d-did you do it?'' Jay hyung argued. It was evident on his tone that he would breakdown any moment so I rubbed his back to comfort him, it was the least I could do.

''I was young and naïve back then, Jay. I got sick of my life and wanted to just vanish from the world. I wasn't thinking properly and I admit, I made a huge mistake for abandoning you.'' The woman now began crying then I internally panicked because I don't like seeing crying people in front of me and it damned me because I can't do anything about it.

''Young? Naïve? Oh come on. There's gotta be other than that. Just admit it.'' Jay accused which made my eyes widen. I can't help but to tug the hem of his shirt because he was now being below the belt.

''Hyung..'' I softly called and held his left arm. I know I shouldn't be meddling but he's being harsh now and to think it was towards his mother.

''It's okay sweetie.'' His mother said and looked at me with a sorrowful smile.

''It's time for Jay to know.'' She added. Know what? Jay hyung then raised a brow.

''Know what?'' He asked. His mother then fixed her posture and looked at Jay hyung right in the eye.

''Me and your father are not mates.'' She cracked which made our minds blown.

''That can't be...'' Jay hyung couldn't hold back his tear.

''WHO TOLD THIS WOMAN THAT SHE CAN COME IN?!'' Someone suddenly shouted which made us flinch. We looked behind us and realized that it was Alpha Jinyoung, Jay hyung's dad.

''D-dad, tell me she's lying.'' Jay said in a hushed voice, almost sounding like a whisper.

''Tell him the truth, Jinyoung. Tell my son that we aren't mates and that we were just arranged for this damn pack's sake!'' She screamed. Alpha Jinyoung's face paled as Jay stood up and looks at him lifelessly.

''Son I---''

''IS. IT. TRUE?'' Jay hyung cut his father's words with sharp piercing glares.

''Yes. But--''

''What am I then? I lived only to continue your damn bloodline? Hah, makes sense. All my life, I was treated as nothing anyway. My mother abandoned me as soon as I learned how to walk. And my father who stayed and raised me, yes, but only for his own sake. Wow, what an ideal life.'' Jay hyung walks out as everyone was stilled in the living room, Not knowing what to do.