𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑.

the foreword
a perspective of ache

the foreworda perspective of ache

LOVE WAS A GIFT AND A CURSE. THE RAISE OF TWO opposites attracting.

Love is the gift of feeling like someone appreciated that you were created by God. The gift of having a reason to not end your life with a simple slice of the wrist or shot of a bullet. The gift of loyalty to stick beside you and only you. The gift of looking forward to the future that lied ahead.

It's also the curse.

The curse of seeing them kiss, and love someone else, all while you sit on the sidelines on the verge of angry tears. The curse of the heartbreak that forced suffering and pain for a span of six weeks or six months. The curse of overthinking, wondering if you were ever good enough, pretty enough, smart enough. The curse of believing that she always was and always would be better than you.

When Laura felt those feelings, those thoughts, those emotions, she pushed herself to get over them. To get over him.

Earlier in the year, Laura got involved with Nancy Wheeler's brother after they discovered what they called demogorgons. Soul-eating monsters, who escaped a place called the upside down. That was when she also found out Nancy had been dating Steve, and hiding it from her.

They argued, for a while, which resulted in Laura ignoring her friend for weeks on end, untold the distraction of the demogorgons brought them back to work together.

Apologies were made, but not all was forgiven, and Laura didn't believe she could forgive Nancy at all. She still loved Steve, nothing was going to change that.

After the trouble ended around Christmas time, everything was back to normal, Laura was with her friends, she had people that treated her like family, and didn't have to worry about Steve Harrington breaking her heart again.

Little did she know...