ooo. TRICK OR TREAT FREAK ¹

chapter two
TRICK OR TREAT FREAK

    𝓛AURA and Marley had been bestfriends since birth

𝓛AURA and Marley had been bestfriends since birth. Before Laura Harris & Nancy Wheeler, there was Laura Harris & Marley Danes. They were to peas in a pod, Laura and Marley, brunette and blonde, smart and some what clueless.

    "You're still not over him, are you?" Marley asked, walking the hallways next to Laura as she held books and folders to her chest. Taking Laura's silence as an answer, she sighed dramatically. "You understand he played you right? Laur, I think it's best if you let Steve and Nancy be Steve and Nancy."

    "I've been doing that, Marley. But i don't know." Laura held her head down as she walked, her feet becoming an interesting thing.

    "If anything, I can get you and Jonathan together, or do you want the new guy, Billy." She giggled, laughing as Laura nudged her slightly.

    "You seem to like Billy, i'll let you have that." Laura chuckled, leaving Marley's side as she walked into the classroom.

    Marley's attitude went down a little. "Yeah, like Billy." she lied.

𝓣HE Halloween Party that took place for all high school students commenced at 7 pm that same night. The loud rock music blasted through the house, as Laura stood in the kitchen, taking a sip of her drink.

    She wasn't the biggest fan of getting all dress up for Halloween, a holiday where her parents were too religious to let her celebrate before her father left them. She only came in a black jacket, covering up the white tank top and black leather jeans she wore.

    Marley had to leave, due to some late call babysitting, and caught a ride from one of her other friends. Considering that Marley's mom dropped them off, Laura was left with no ride.

    While sitting in the kitchen, speaking to a guy she barely knew, she was met with a reckless Nancy and overwhelmed Steve, watching as she downed one cup of alcohol, before going to dance. She watched as Steve leaned over the counter, sighing heavily in alignment with the music that played. Choosing to ignore Harrington, she picked up her cup, swiping some more punch, and walked away, feeling his gaze.

    Just as the party came close to midnight, she noticed that Nancy gotten really drunk later in the night. She stumbled and slurred, and while she was walking to the bathroom to clean her shirt, she bumped into Laura harshly, setting her to almost fall.

    "Whoa, whoa, hey Nanc, you okay?" Laura questioned.

    "I'm fine, why wouldn't i be-why wouldn't i be fine." Nancy slurred drunkenly, before smiling and giggling, like she was outside of her mind. "I just wanna apologize to you."

    "For what, Nancy?"

    "For stealing everything from you."

    Laura froze, her heart faltering at the sudden apology, putting on a false smile. "No, Wheeler, it's okay."

    "No it's not." Nancy poured before giggling. "Laura tells me she likes this stupid guy named Steve Harrington and then I go and get him all for myself." she began to cry. "I don't even love him."

    Laura's pent up anger began to present. She never loved Steve, yet she knew that Laura did, and still got into a relationship with him. It hurt her to the bone, but she decided to give Nancy a piece of her mind when she is sober.

    "Go get cleaned up Nanc." She whispered, watching as Nancy nodded and stumbled into the bathroom, Steve quickly following behind her.

    Laura decided to head home, biding Jonathan a generous goodbye, before walking out the door.

    She walked only a couple inches out of the driveway, before she saw Steve stomping to his car. He paused, took a moment to look over her figure. "You understand that it's one in the morning, and you plan to walk home?"

    "That's exactly what I planned to do. Look at you, being so smart." Laura rolled her eyes, not wanting to argue with Harrington.

    "You are corrected, that's what you planned to do." Steve opened up the passenger door. "Get in."

    "I don't need a ride."

    "Yeah, we'll I'm not letting you get kidnapped so let's go." Steve argued, starting the car.

    Laura sighed in distress, before deciding to get in the car without any further persuasion.