Chapter 42

"runaway"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Why did Keith invite you again?" I ask my father, wondering since I never saw him talk to Keith. So now I'm thinking about why he would invite my father to his wedding.

He was looking over some of the work that he brings home, not sparing me a look to answer my question. "I've known him since high school." He states. By his tone it made it seem like it was the most obvious thing ever. I roll my eyes before he speaks again, "We used to be close friends when we were on the basketball team." Being more detailed now.

"So we're going to the wedding then?" I question, getting up from my seat and placing my dish in the sink.

"Eh maybe, I'm not sure yet." I hear him respond.

I squint my eyes in confusion about his response. He just said they were close friends back in school and I mean it's kind of rude to not go to an event you were personally invited to. "But you just-"

"No, we're going," Leah said as she stepped into the kitchen while putting on earrings. This made my father look up from his papers and take his glasses off to glare at his new wife. "Don't give me that look, David. It's rude not to show up." She told him what I was thinking.

These past few weeks I have come to learn that Leah is not pretty bad. I mean she can be a bit too much at times but overall she's okay.

"Fine." He simply huffed out before placing his attention back on his work.

Fortunately, he's been focusing more on work these past days so he doesn't have time to pick a fight with me.

And I am grateful for that.

I hear knocking coming from the entrance so I rush to go open it before my father has a chance to complain about it. I pull it open to be greeted by a smiley Brooke.

She pulls me for a quick kiss and then stepped back with that smile of hers remaining. "I don't think I can ever get tired of that." She mumbled which made a smirk come across my face. "Just wanted to surprise my boyfriend and," dragging the last part a little longer, "I might no longer be poor because my dad has his final interview with this big company and they're taking him to play golf; he plays it like freaking Michael Jordan!" She informs me with an excited grin.

"That's great!" I reply as I grabbed her hands. So far since I've been with her, everything has been great. "Are you going to Keith's wedding?" I ask. She shakes her head in response and I softly smile at her before speaking again, "Well, if you have nothing planned; would you like to join me in going to his wedding?"

"Yes!" She squeals, throwing her arms around my neck. "Does that mean I get to see you in a suit?" she quietly asks with her raspy voice that I love so much.

"Haven't you already seen me in a suit?" I question with a tilt of my head.

"Yeah, but this time I can take it off you," She replied making me raise my brows. "And you can take," before she can go any further, someone cleared their throat behind me making us both look to see that it is my father and Leah.